IT Support Manager
IT Support Manager – Redbridge Council - £61,929 - £65,367
Redbridge Council’s IT department is restructuring in an exciting way. We are looking for an individual with broad IT delivery experience to lead the continuous improvement of our core service. In this critical leadership role you will have overall responsible for application and desktop support and for the central service desk which coordinates the work of the whole department. You will be the senior point of contact for customers, including directors and councillors, and you will determine what makes our service valued and successful. You will also contribute to setting the strategic direction of the department and of the council’s IT roadmap.
Overall Role Purpose:
- To manage and develop a large technical staff group.
- To provide a comprehensive, effective IT support service to the council and partners which is recognised for its responsiveness and high standard of customer care, and which enables our customers to work at maximum efficiency at all times.
- To ensure that the council’s business applications and systems provide the services to business units which enable them to operate efficiently and achieve their objectives.
- To ensure that our business applications are well managed: adequately licenced, secured, protected by continuity arrangements and supported by the optimum combination of internal and third party / supplier resources.
- To plan for future technical and business needs, investing in people and assets which will enable the council to meet its objectives.
Cost-effective provision of quality IT assets to our customers is the primary responsibility of the IT service, and on which it will primarily be judged. This role is responsible for ensuring that the interface between the service and its customers works, and that customers have reason to be confident that the IT service meets their needs. The role will have a sharp impact on the databases and software maintained or used by the council, including hosted systems. The role will work closely with business units in planning their service strategies, and maintain productive relationships with software suppliers and system user groups. The individual must maintain continuous awareness of business priorities and plans in all areas of the council whose work they are supporting.
You will have:
- Breadth of understanding of IT service delivery in a large, complex organisation
- IT service management experience in a Microsoft environment
- ITIL qualifications
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, diplomacy and insight into the experience of our customers
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by Sunday 2nd June.
The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.
Apply for IT Support Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly