Contract Director - Process
Russam GMS is pleased to be working with a waste management and renewable energy services company.
Role and Responsibilities
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a full time Contract Director who will:
- Deliver SHE compliance, lead safe working practices and behaviours
- Manage the client relationship
- Deliver financial targets, revise forecasts and 5 years plans
- Deliver full-service contract compliance
- Assist in the delivery of continuous improvement around Lifecycle, R&M and productivity
- Assist in development of contract performance through contract variation
- Ensure that full service delivery complies with contractual commitments including service delivery plans, contract targets, client data and information and change protocols
- Develop a working relationship with the client which ensures that contract delivery is recognized, take ownership of the SHEQ culture and behaviour for the contract
- Ensure the contract is fully compliant with all internal and externals
- Own the budget setting process and subsequent delivery of agreed financial performance on interim and full-service contracts and drive initiatives to improve financial and operating performance
- Realise operational excellence targets, installing a result focused performance driven culture
- Realise productivity targets, ensuring cost effectiveness
- Ensure staff resource levels are adequate to support delivery of business requirements, whilst remaining within cost budgets
- Realise a constructive industrial relations climate including harmonious social relationships within the company
- Drive a culture / mindset together with the management team that builds employee motivation and commitment and develop a contract team capable of over reaching the contract targets
- Assist the maintenance department in identifying annual lifecycle requirements, preparation of capital applications and business case papers for non-lifecycle capital purchases
This is a permanent role based in Yorkshire.
The Desired Candidate
The key to being successful in the role of Contract Director is having experience in a process/manufacturing setting, ideally with a process/chemical engineering background, to ensure the team can be supported in investigating new ways to measure and improve production processes on site.
You must also have extensive customer and commercial experience to drive value for both the company and client.
The Contract Director will:
- Possess significant experience in a similar role. A process background is essential with relevant experience in customer and commercial management
- Have a proven track record of delivering process improvement and standardisation in complex B2B2C regulated service industry
- Have strong leadership and line management skills with a coaching style that gets the best out of people, balanced with an edge that is not over-tolerant of poor performance
- Be of high intellect, degree educated with strong analytical ability
- Have exceptional attention to detail and established negotiation skills
- Be a high energy, inspirational leader that has high emotional intelligence and can quickly build rapport
- Demand high standards of themselves and others and can translate this into high quality, high pace output, and build positive teams
- Comfortable with presenting to shareholders, has impact, authority and gravitas
- Commercially astute
- Have had profit responsibility for business unit(s), including experience of setting annual profit budgets
- Have in depth understanding of health, safety and environmental compliance
- Possess good organisation skills and the ability to forward plan and have a proactive management approach
How to Apply
Please upload a current CV. No other documents are required at this stage.