IT Programme Services Manager
1 day left
IT Programme Services Manager – Redbridge Council - £61,929 - £65,367
Transformation at Redbridge Council will not happen unless it is enabled by IT. The Programme Services Manager will have responsibility for delivering the IT change programmes which will make organisational transformation possible. You will have to develop a programme office capable of responding to the diverse needs of the council, shaping those demands into a coherent programme and delivering results which exceed customer expectations. As a member of the IT leadership team you will also deploy staff to develop our contract management standards, security standards and IT training provision. Core skills which you will bring to the council are your programme management and commercial management experience and your ability to operate with conviction at all levels of the council and across our supplier and partner network.
Overall Role Purpose:
- To manage and develop a professional staff group providing essential services to the IT service and to the council.
- To ensure that the IT development programme is managed efficiently and communicated effectively to stakeholders and the council as a whole.
- To provide change management, project management and training services which enable the council to deliver its IT programme.
- To ensure that the council remains compliant with software licencing and security standards to which it has made a public or contractual commitment.
- To ensure that the council’s IT assets are sourced and managed cost-effectively, providing customers with the IT assets they need when they need them.
The role is part of the IT senior management team, with lead responsibility for programme delivery, project controls and ensuring successful, non-disruptive change in the IT environment. The role will work closely with IT colleagues and managers throughout the council to ensure that planned changes are delivered on time and integrated with day-to-day service delivery, supported by the necessary level of customer training and security validation. The Programme Services Manager must maintain a constant awareness of business priorities and plans in all areas of the council, incorporating these within the IT delivery programme.
You will have:
- Experience of managing professional staff
- Prince 2 or MSP or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of software licencing and major contract management
- Experience of writing and of evaluating business cases including financial benefit proposals
- Credibility in representing IT at the highest levels of the organisation and externally
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by Sunday 2nd June.
The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.
Apply for IT Programme Services Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly