Chief Executive - Digital Media / Software (PE backed)
Our client is a Thames Valley based, private equity backed provider of digital media and technology services to SMEs and large corporates. Founded twenty years ago, our client has built an enviable reputation and is the market leader in its core market. As part of their ongoing evolution, they are undergoing a strategic migration from being a digital media company to a data, software and technology business with sophisticated digital media services. As part of a succession planning process, our client is now seeking a technology or digitally savvy CEO to lead an already stable business in a growing sector through the next stage of its growth, whilst creating a significant wealth creation opportunity for themselves too. Our client is an equal opportunities employer and seeks a diverse shortlist.
The core responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Lead all aspects of the business including the P&L, sales, operations, and product development, specifically in the digital media, software and data space
- Reinvigorate the product offering by developing its suite of digital, data, and software services
- Achieve financial targets, profitability, hiring and other quantitative goals set by the Board
- Build and elevate the calibre of the team in all functions. Attract and retain top-tier talent by providing the appropriate training, support, and mentorship
- Develop and implement strategic operating plans which reflect the longer-term objectives
- Assist with winning and developing strategic customer relationships
- Communicate accurate forecasting to the Board, providing clear visibility into the pipeline and sales forecasting
- Develop a dynamic, creative and commercial culture in which people are ultimately accountable
- Establish tangible goals /priorities for performance management
- Be an effective public spokesperson for the company
- Lead by example with regard to driving sales and behaviours
- Ultimately lead the business to a successful exit in 3-5 years
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- CEO / MD / GM experience; you will have run your own P&L in a data, digital, software or technology environment and be able to demonstrate stellar growth
- Experience of leading a SME or an autonomous SME division of a larger corporate business
- Technically proficient. You will have a strong understanding of technology and the commercial opportunities it can create
- Experience in creating innovative go to market solutions that differentiate, providing a unique customer experience and subsequently drive engagement and loyalty.
- International experience would be desirable
- Proven shareholder value creation throughout their career (PE preferable)
- Exceptional leadership; leadership will come naturally to you and you will be able to demonstrate building productive, profitable and stable teams
- Change management; you will have led the evolution of either a business or an autonomous division
- Proven ability to lead and manage sales and operational teams; instilling an effective sales culture, driving consistency and quality
- Experience in strategic planning into new markets and its successful execution
- Track record of attracting, recruiting, retaining, and mentoring world-class talent
Personal Attributes and Values
You will be able to demonstrate:
- An entrepreneurial mentality with high energy and a can-do attitude.
- Charisma and leadership; outstanding people management skills. The ability to balance openness and approachability with driving the team for results
- A straightforward, no-nonsense operating style with the ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Being self-assured but with a low ego
- High intellectual horsepower, strategic thinking and an ability to formulate the long term vision whilst also being a strong personal contributor
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute when required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Being a team player; personable, social, good at building internal relationships. An authentic leader who incites respect from others
- Exceptional EQ
- High energy; competitive and hungry to win
The package consists of a six figure base salary, benefits and a significant equity opportunity. This is a career defining role which offers significant wealth creation potential.
More searches like this
- Business Services Strategy Managing Director jobs in South East England
- Digital Strategy Managing Director jobs in South East England
- Media Strategy Managing Director jobs in South East England
- Technology Strategy Managing Director jobs in South East England
- Professional Services Strategy Managing Director jobs in South East England