- Opportunity to build out a finance function
- Leisure/Retail sector
About Our Client
My client owns & operates a portfolio of leisure venues both in the UK and internationally. New to the UK market and with ambitious growth plans in place, they are looking for a Finance Manager to build out a finance function and support them to deliver the finance agenda.
- Transition book-keeping responsibilities from their 3rd party accounting firm.
- Perform the month-end close process including the recording of payroll, club general & administrative expenses, rent and corporate expense to the general ledger.
- Maintain the accounting for inter-company transactions and manage consolidations of UK entities.
- Research, develop and implement strategic based processes to improve accounting and month-end close responsibilities.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and provide analytical commentary on balance changes.
- Manage accounting for capital expenditures and tenant improvement allowances.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and communicate results to the head office.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations to ensure financials are appropriately stated.
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of internal financial reports.
- Support the transactions and fluctuations of the P&L accounts with robust variance analysis.
- Liaison with UK auditors for annual financial statement reports.
- Process and voucher accounts payable invoices.
- Handle periodic VAT filings and coordinate with the head office and their 3rd party tax specialist on various tax reporting requirements.
- Business partner the Area Directors.
- Respond to inquiries from the field on a timely basis. Must be able to understand the intent of the users of the financial statements. Provide information which is meaningful to the users.
- Prepare various schedules and supporting documentation for the external audit.
- Assist and support financial planning and analysis group in preparation of annual budgets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Finance Manager will have the following:
- Experience in accounting, monthly close and preparation of various financial reports
- Degree educated
- Qualified accountant (i.e, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or international equivalent
- Knowledge of ERP and reporting systems (Microsoft Dynamic AX & Hyperion) preferred
- Payroll experience preferred
- Experience within the leisure and sport sector desirable.
- Highly proficient PC skills in the areas of basic office software such as, spreadsheet, database and word-processing.
- Highly analytical and skilled in identifying problem causes and effectively interpreting results of root cause analysis
- Strong communications skills - in addition to competencies around editing and writing, candidate must also be able to communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones and checkpoints
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business integrated environment
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary of between £60,000 & £70,000 + benefits.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14011937Z
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly