Our client is an entrepreneurial, high growth, private equity backed organisation. It manufactures, distributes, sells and services its product range principally into the workplace, including offices, factories and hospitals. It has wholly owned subsidiaries in fifteen markets utilising a distributor network elsewhere.
Operating in a growing industry with high recurring revenues, it has rapidly expanded through organic growth and acquisition and today supplies product in over 50 countries spanning Europe, North America, South America, Australia and the Middle East.
To help deliver the future strategy with expansion into new markets, our client requires a commercially orientated Operations Director.
- A key member of the leadership team, you will contribute significantly to the strategic thinking and business planning process and be fully involved in the overall management and direction of the company.
- Assessing all potential distributors in relation to their operational capabilities and thereafter ensuring the successful on boarding and development of distributors, equipping them to succeed.
- Ensuring all existing distributors are able to deliver market leading customer service and operating as a key partner in all aspects of product supply, technical support and assistance with the supply chain. This is for all new equipment sales in addition to installed units and consumables.
- Commercially astute, the role will be actively involved in amongst other issues, assessing distributor profitability, effectiveness of the supply chain and CAPEX investment.
- Supported by Finance, will oversee all relevant financial reporting and be able to dissect, interpret and provide opinion to drive decision making.
- Culturally adept, you will be a proven operations leader with international experience at the strategic level within a high growth SME or at a divisional level in a larger group.
- With a strong understanding of distributor management, you will possess expertise leading and managing long distance supply chains and a technical support function, understanding the challenges of servicing a widely disbursed global customer base.
- Adept working within a fast paced, hands on, entrepreneurial environment and with an ability to operate outside of your functional expertise.
- Strong commercial expertise, financially aware and profit focussed. Can demonstrate where they have contributed to the success of their organisations throughout their career.
- Possessing excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to network and establish productive relationships inside, across and outside of the organisation and internationally.
To apply, please quote reference HN023604EA to Catriona Stone at Harvey Nash.
Harvey Nash is a global executive search consultancy.
Harvey Nash plc is an Employment Agency as defined in The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Apply for Operations Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly