Finance Business Partner, Europe
The Finance Business Partner will support the newly appointed European Managing Director as they seek to build a large scale operation across Continental Europe. The parent company is a very successful organisation and the clear market leader in its home market.
However, as further growth opportunities are relatively limited in the 'home' market (due mainly to the high level of market share already achieved) the decision has been made to invest a significant amount of resource into scaling a comparable operation in Continental Europe.
The current business is based around wholesale and generates modest revenues across Europe. Through a combination of organic growth and targeted M&A, this organisation has the ambition to grow its revenue ten fold, in the next five to ten years, building the leading pan-European business in the sector.
Whilst wholesale will remain part of the strategy, the core business will be based around eCommerce - selling direct to consumers as well as B2B.
The Finance Business Partner – Europe will be tasked with building strong relationships across the European Executive in order to provide crucial analysis, insight, support and challenge to non-financial decision making.
Provide a true Business Partner framework for all non-financial teams within the company, ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. This role is a sounding board, counsel and confidant for the European MD.
Provides financial leadership to the Directors and their teams covering:
- Budget and Outlook Setting
- Monthly reporting and analysis
- Business case evaluation
- 5 year Planning
- Ad-hoc projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert to senior commercial team leaders regarding the use of financial insight and analysis to drive business performance and delivery
- Understand the strategic and operational plans and develop approaches to support objective decision-making across all aspects of business performance
- Collaborate with senior management and business teams across Europe to develop and implement relevant metrics and KPI’s to assist in improving business results
Strategic & Performance Orientation:
- Develop and deliver presentations to senior executives regarding business performance and metrics that impact business outcomes
- Help drive business initiatives that serve as a catalyst for change by helping leaders and managers deliver successful change programmes that impact on the business
- Prompt emergent risks and issues to drive strategic interventions and business action
- Predict future outcomes and impacts including half year and full year guidance to the Group Chief Financial Officer
Functional Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a further Finance/Accounting qualification or equivalent experience
- Experienced Finance Leader with a track record of delivering results in both financial controls and business partnering
- Experience of leading operational performance and delivering change
- Demonstrable experience of managing senior internal stakeholders in a challenging matrixed environment; supporting others in making key decisions
- Able to build consensus and influence outcomes, including adaptation of communication style to suit audience
- Experience building and managing trusted relationships with senior stakeholders
- Able to be assertive when required
- Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative and prioritise tasks
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience in a multi-channel product environment strongly preferred
- Fluent in English and Dutch, with other European language skills being a notable advantage
Specific sector experience is essential for this role - applicants require experience of both B2B and B2C sales of a physical product. Furthermore, eCommerce based sales and the distribution of the product, after the sales process, is also a prerequisite. Please do not apply if you do not have this experience, as your application will not proceed without the right sector experience.