Our client, a healthcare charity, is looking for an interim Head of Governance/Company Secretary to start as soon as possible, ideally for 4 days per week. This role will involve ensuring that the Board & Committees follow due process. The main objective of the role will involve liaising with the Chair and Trustees to ensure that the Board and its Trustees operate effectively in relation to all Governance and the Board Assurance Framework.
The suitable candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that all Board decisions are recorded accurately and action points are followed up within agreed timescales. The role will involve managing the full co-ordination of all the actions required as identified in the Governance framework. This will include overseeing the induction and training of Board members and working with the Chair and CEO regularly.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive experience in a similar role acting as a Company Secretary
- Will be used to be working alongside Trustees and with Board
- Have a full understanding of the corporate governance requirements of a charity
- Be able to work alongside a variety of stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Have a strong understanding of the health sector
- Be able to demonstrate previous success in another similar role
If you are interested in this assignment, please register your interest below.