Chief Financial Officer
To C£150k-£160k plus equity, benefits
A high growth and entrepreneurial B2B services SME which has recently attracted private equity investment is seeking to appoint a highly commercial CFO to join their experienced Executive Board.
The role will play an integral part in helping to drive the business through significant organic and acquisitive growth, including a targeted M&A programme, towards a successful exit in due course.
As a result, the role will include significant commercial and operational involvement, taking the business through continual change and the transition from private to ownership under private equity. Supporting and embodying its dynamic and entrepreneurial culture, the role will ensure finance plays a central role in commercial decision making, and that the business has the requisite infrastructure, MI and platform for fast and progressive growth.
- Supporting the development of the incumbent finance team to create a best in class finance function producing high quality information and actionable commercial and operational insight.
- Assist the investors executing an ambitious “buy and build”- identifying potential targets for acquisition, deal negotiation, investment appraisal and successful post acquisition integration.
- Maintaining robust working capital management and oversight of financial outputs, forecasts and budgeting.
- Proactive identification of opportunities for profit maximisation and emerging opportunities or risks.
- Input into business planning and strategic decision making.
- Liaising closely with a network of external advisors and investors throughout the equity cycle.
- Highly commercial and experience of delivering growth in dynamic, customer centric (either B2B or B2C) businesses.
- Will see this as a key career opportunity bringing a real hunger and drive to deliver.
- Likely ACA qualified with strong track record in career to date.
- Experience of private equity helpful but not essential.
- Experience of acquisitions and integration would be advantageous.
- Robust, flexible, able to challenge and bring ideas to the table.