Head of Finance
1 day left
- Superb Head of Finance role in North East Lincolnshire
- Modern and Diversified Business
About Our Client
Extending to around 27,000 acres, Brocklesby is a traditional yet modern and diversified rural business. It is owned by the Earl of Yarborough who resides with his family at Brocklesby Park.
The Estate encompasses a wide range of commercial activities, including Residential and Commercial Property, Farming, Renewables, Forestry, Minerals and off-estate investments.
Following some recent changes including the appointment of Big4 advisors, they are now looking to appoint a Head of Finance to manage the day-to-day finances, including leadership and development of the finance team, processes improvement and developing analysis and information to provide greater commercial insight into performance and aid strategic decision making.
Based at the attractive office in rural North East Lincolnshire, the Head of Finance will report mainly into the Estate Manager, Kit Read, but also the business owner, Lord Yarborough. They will take responsibility for leading the finance function.
A hands-on and diverse financial management role within a progressive rural business. You will be responsible for understanding the performance and progress of the various activities (both individually and combined), whilst leading a small multi-disciplined and flexible accounts department.
- Constructing annual budgets and relevant forecasting
- Reporting of weekly cash position and updating of cash flow projections
- Creation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of year end accounts for external accountants
- Reporting to quarterly Farm Board meetings
- Formulation of business plans for ad-hoc projects when required
- Full, hands-on approach to reporting functions including commercial analysis and performance reporting
- Involvement in pension schemes and legislation
- Liaison with KPMG, banks, solicitors and other advisors
- Monitoring investment portfolios and providing end of year data for audit
- Overall responsibility for credit control and supplier payments
- Admin and accountancy support for the family members when required
- Holiday and sickness cover for team members
The Successful Applicant
Given the diverse and commercial nature of the Estate, this is a hands-on leadership role and an excellent opportunity for a driven finance professional. With plenty of scope to add value, assist with growth plans and improve commercial insight, this is a high profile position with a high profile employer.
Key Experience/Competencies should include:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with a recognised Accounting body (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- IT skills including Excel, Word and other packages, perhaps including Xero
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles
- Adaptable, numerate and non-bureaucratic
- Ideally significant experience in a similar role
- Awareness of, and interest in the agricultural and property business world
- Aptitude for managing and leading staff
- Hands on attitude to the role
- Previous Property Business or Tax Experience is beneficial but not required
- Decisive and analytically minded, with good attention to detail
This is a retained process and all candidates will be competency interviewed in line with the above criteria.
What's on Offer
c.£70,000 PA, plus Benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14010301Z
Apply for Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly