Head of Finance
- Working for fast growing UK retailer
- Exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven candidate
About Our Client
Osprey London is an independently owned luxury leather, lifestyle and retail company with 15 stores across the UK as well as a strong online offering and ambition to grow overseas. The business is well established and set to achieve significant growth over the next few years.
This role is responsible for the provision of accurate, timely and insightful financial information, including budgets, forecasts and analysis of business performance.
The individual will be the also be responsible for maintaining tight financial controls with a focus on cash and working capital management, partnering with other members of the senior management team to ensure a financial business case is provided to support key decisions.
Your main responsibilities will be…
- Managing the Finance team (currently 3), ensuring support & training is provided. Developing the team to maximise its effectiveness and efficiency in providing the business with a modern, proactive finance function
Management and Statutory Accounts
- The preparation and presentation of detailed monthly financial statements, to include profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, cashflow, variance analysis and commentaries, within 10 working days of month end
- To prepare annual statutory accounts and liaise with auditors
- To liaise with external accountants to ensure all tax reporting requirements are met on a timely basis
Budgets & Forecasting
- The detailed annual, quarterly and monthly profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow forecasts
- Implementing and monitoring processes and procedures for the creation of accurate monthly forecast
- The optimisation and reporting on working capital to ensure debtors are minimised and focus is maintained on all aspects of stock, including the accuracy of the perpetual inventory system in terms quantity, location and valuation
- Maintenance of monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts to ensure detailed regular follow up on all issues Cashflow
- Review cash position weekly & provide detailed reporting on monthly cashflow and rolling 3 monthly cash forecast Business Partner and continuous improvement
- To work with other members of the senior management team to provide financial perspectives for key decision making
- To work with other members of the senior management team to help seek improvements wherever possible to all aspects of the business, and in particular, IT
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant with a background in either retail or consumer goods. The role would suit a candidate who has strong interpersonal skills, someone who builds relationships at all levels with ease. You will have a track record in a similar level role with team management, mentoring and development experience. You will comfortable delivering complex financial information in a clear and concise way and presenting at Board level. Above all you will be a team player and have the desire to be hands on in the role. This role would suit a proactive, professional and dynamic character who enjoys working within a creative and fast paced business.
What's on Offer
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14010976Z