Technical Director - Nemo is delighted to be working with a global company that provides smart, connected solutions for the built environment.This is a board-level role, with autonomy, ownership of an ambitious product roadmap and leadership of an international engineering team, covering software, firmware, electronics and mechanical disciplines.
It would suit someone already experienced as the head of engineering for a technology-led business, or a proven Engineering Manager looking to make the next step in their career.Onward prospects are excellent, with an MD role being a realistic path.
Technical Director - the role
Our client is looking for someone with drive, vision and a passion for new technologies and who has a talent for delivering products that solve problems.They're keen to find someone who enjoys engineering solutions in a smart, creative and straightforward way.You'll also need to be able to lead, develop and motivate a geographically dispersed team.
Technical Director - duties:
- Working at board-level, directing the company's technology strategy.
- Delivering new products on time and within budget.
- Leading an engineering team (across UK, Spain and Singapore).
- Providing vision, disruptive ideas and leading innovation.
- Optimising ways of working, e.g. development processes & methods.
- Work closely with marketing, sales etc on commercial aspects of product dev't.
- Develop relationships with partners, suppliers, trade associations etc.
Technical Director - requirements:
- Strong engineering background including embedded systems, electronics.
- Relevant Engineering degree - e.g. electronics, software etc.
- Team Management experience (international would be a plus).
- Proven track record in delivering engineering projects.
- High levels of drive, passion and vision.
- Willing to travel (circa 20%, with ~6 long-haul trips in first year).
- A background in M2M, IoT, Smart Buildings, Telecoms would be helpful.
On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive basic salary and an excellent bonus and share package, plus benefits.