Group Finance Manager
6 days left
Our client is a highly profitable FTSE 250 multi-site business with over 130 sites in the UK and internationally. The business has grown impressively in recent years and continues its strategy of growth through a combination of organic and primarily in-organic initiatives.
As a result of some internal movement the company is seeking to bring in a high calibre Group Finance Manager. This role provides an exceptional opportunity to work within a highly profitable and successful business. It requires excellent communication skills, the flexibility to approach a variety of tasks with a systematic and adaptable manner, diligence and excellent technical and systems skills. Supporting the Group Financial Controller and working alongside the UK Financial Controller, this role will play a significant part in the activities of the Finance Team, with a specific focus on the annual report preparation, group consolidation, statutory reporting and technical accounting developments in addition to providing support to other activities and processes within the Group and UK finance function. The holder of this role will have exposure to a wide variety of finance processes with responsibility to deliver within agreed timelines from the outset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Group consolidation: Maintain the Group consolidation model for half year and year end, including management of all consolidation and IFRS accounting adjustments, and minor updates for monthly reporting.
- Annual report: Support the annual report drafting process for a FTSE 250 Group, including preparation of the Group financial statements and related notes, as well as review of other annual report sections, supporting the audit process and assisting the preparation of the published “glossy” report.
- Year end and interim support: Assist with other aspects of the year end and half year reporting processes, such as planning, the review and checking of the results announcement and analysts’ presentation, and preparation of supporting analysis for the CFO.
- Subsidiary statutory accounts: Preparation of the statutory accounts under FRS 101 for approximately eight UK subsidiaries, ensuring the accounts are audited and signed within 6 months of the year end (for banking compliance purposes).
- Board reporting: Support the monthly board reporting process, including a comprehensive explanation of the financial performance of the UK and French business units.
- Technical accounting: Manage any technical accounting issues faced by the Group including, when appropriate the preparation of accounting judgement papers for the CFO and Audit Committee. Addressing accounting developments as they arise, for example the impending impact of the new international standards for leases, and recently adopted standards on financial instruments and revenue reporting. Ensure accounting policies and procedures are complete, and that they are maintained and updated.
- Financial accounting: Maintain the accounting for leases, rent, share based payments, investment properties, fixed assets and stock.
- Banking compliance: Manage processes to ensure timely and accurate compliance with the Bank Facilities Agreement.
- Tax: Support the Tax Manager with transfer pricing recharges, in particular in the preparation of transfer pricing calculations.
- Controls: As a member of the Finance Team, support the controls infrastructure (for example the review of payment runs or monthly reconciliations) or assist the Group Financial Controller with updates for the Audit Committee on the Group’s financial control environment and other risk management matters.
- Ad hoc: Assist with ad hoc projects as required (e.g. relating to corporate activity including potential M&A transactions or refinancing), along with addressing the accounting consequences of such projects.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate ACA qualified accountant with ideally significant post qualification experience. You will have proven experience of Group reporting and consolidation, preferably within a UK listed Group or alternatively in an advisory capacity in public practice. You will have exposure to IFRS and FRS 101, and a track record of addressing technical accounting challenges. In addition, you will possess strong Excel skills, a robust attention to detail and experience and knowledge of Access Dimensions would be a distinct advantage. It is important that the candidate is able to demonstrate business acumen and have experience of supporting both finance and non-finance personnel. You will need the ability to communicate confidently with senior management and build business relationships at any level of the organisation, including the ability to explain technical accounting issues to non-financial colleagues. This is a great opportunity to join a business that continues to grow well in challenging market conditions
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button quoting reference AS50357.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.
Apply for Group Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly