Head of Information Security
7 days left
A newly created role of Head of Information Security. The dynamic and new direction of the business has increased the need for the role.
My client is the specialist within their field of expertise. The have gone through a significant recruitment drive for their Warrington head office as they are developing a new suite of services to their clients.
The main purposes of the role is to develop and maintain IT Security policies and to provide early guidance to all IT projects to help the business grow.
The Head of Information Security will also advise on compliance with regulation & legislation, and highlight any weaknesses or potential failures in IT Security.
Your role will include:
- Being an experienced leader capable of shaping and then driving performance of the Information Security function
- being instrumental in advising the business to ensure delivery of secure developments within the software delivery team
- Refreshing the security framework in use within the department and work closely with the Architecture, Application Delivery and Service functions to guide and assure application of security principles into projects
- Providing direction and guidance on Information Security matters as part of the leadership team, working closely with peers to ensure that security is built into everything we do as a departments
- Helping the business through its maturation period as the departments continue to grow and the suite of products opens new avenues of business that will impact security
Based in Warrington the role is newly created and waiting for someone who wants to come and drive security forward.
This is a great opportunity for a head of who is looking for an exciting new challenge or for a manager level who is looking to bring all their skills together in their first 'head of' job title.
To be considered for the role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Strong IT Security knowledge, and ability to balance business objectives with information security.
- Demonstrable leadership experience with a track record in building relationships with the business and leadership team.
- Expertise across the whole IT security spectrum (Software, Servers, Infrastructure, Networks)
- ISO 27001 and PCI DSS knowledge.
- Understanding of OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities is a preference
- A Professional certification (CISSP/CISM/ISO 27001 Lead implementor or similar)
This is a truly empowered role that is critical to the success of the department and requires leadership and management skills, strong communication and stakeholder management as well as a technical background to be able to effectively lead a development team in delivering complex change programmes.
A basic salary of up to £75,000 plus company car.