Director of IT Infrastructure
Summary: The Director of IT Infrastructure is a hands-on position responsible for managing and maintaining the computing and telecommunications infrastructure throughout the company as well as providing a reliable and responsive desktop environment. The position is responsible for managing information technology platforms and maintaining the network health and seamless connectivity in a hybrid cloud environment as well as ensuring Disaster Recovery and/or other required backup and recovery processes and procedures. This includes overall responsibility for the company's computing and network systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Azure, VMWare hosts, Storage Area Networking, Physical and Virtual Windows Services, Thin Client and Desktop Support, Switches and Routers as well as underlying infrastructure technologies.
The position is responsible for managing Infrastructure Team members including day to day activities, the development of training plans, setting team objectives and coordinating individual activities.
This individual interfaces with all internal company personnel and externally with vendors for both in-house and outsourced solutions and provides leadership, executive reporting and day-to-day oversight for IT. operations, life cycle management and security/business continuity practices while ensuring maximum systems availability within specified SLAs.
- Establish, maintain and document the Information Technology infrastructure
- Monitor, manage and maintain the computing and telecommunications infrastructure resilience, capacity planning, as well as security design and implementation.
- Architect, build, and maintain best in class hosting environments for enterprise applications.
- Ensure all infrastructure solutions are compliant with corporate and industry standards.
- Research new technologies, making recommendations to senior management, forecasting future needs/capacity planning, and participating in the strategic planning/evolution of the company's internal and outsourced systems, security and business continuity requirements that are scalable to meet the company's growth expectations
- Ensures the highest levels of database server performance and stability through monitoring, optimization, and disaster recovery planning.
- Direct Infrastructure staff activities and escalations, assist support staff if necessary
- Coordinate projects and support with outside vendors
- Prioritize infrastructure tasks to ensure flawless work experience and access for users both on-premise and remotely.
- Perform capacity planning, develop infrastructure requirements and identify enhancements required to support and enhance existing systems infrastructure
- Document configuration, procedures, upgrades, problem resolution process associated with network, hardware/software and operating systems etc.
- Ensure operational adherence with stated policies and procedures.
- Ensure data backups and disaster recovery operations are properly executed.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware including review of log files and security event information.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Infrastructure Team staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The position directly supervises Infrastructure staff.
- The position receives nominal guidance with respect to overall objectives; much of the work is completed independently within division or department policy guidelines to achieve assigned objectives
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Information Technology or Computer Science degree from a College or university and/or ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in information technology, networking and/or telecommunications.
- Knowledge of Servers and desktop virtualization technologies
- Hands-on working knowledge of networking products to include Switches, Routers, Firewalls and the use of TCP/IP protocols
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and desktop technologies
- Deep experience implementing a cloud-first strategy with Azure, AWS and with Office365 email.
- Unified Communications (VoIP) equipment experience required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work of staff members. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor, managed staff and co-workers. Able to manage other individuals and maintain calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively to team.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English using various communication methods (electronic and/or verbal communication methodologies); ability to communicate clearly and concisely across organizational levels; ability to analyze and interpret complex business and/or technical trade documents such as financial reports, briefs and/or regulatory agencies and/or journals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to deal with problems; ability to solve practical problems in a variety of situations; ability to define problems, collect data, analyze, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to embrace and manage change
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to manage staff members effectively