UK Managing Director
6 days left
Our client is one of the global market leaders manufacturing engineered specified products into the building services industry. The company is a truly global brand, increasingly moving away from being just a supplier of components and moving towards being a specified solutions provider.
The company has some challenging and ambitious growth plans over the next 3-5 years and are now looking to recruit a new UK Managing Director to drive their business forwards.
The incoming Managing Director will be an experienced and highly commercial business leader, with a successful track record of enhancing profitability and growing businesses. This is a key appointment with full P&L responsibility, while also being responsible for enhancing and implementing the business strategy in line with company objectives.
It is a particularly exciting time to join the business as the company are about to launch a new range of high end innovative products which is expected give them competitive advantage over competitors in the market.
Key Business Objectives:
- Grow the business while improving EBITDA
- Rejuvenate and reenergize the team with the long term vision to become market leaders in the UK
- Assist the Sales Director in developing strong relationships with national contractors and key clients to drive specified sales and increase market share
- Play a key role in developing a successful and robust business
- Lead and set the direction for the UK Management team as well as the whole UK organisation
- Rapidly become acquainted with the Group management style and operational philosophies; gaining a strong understanding of the product range, engineering services, markets and customer base
- Provide strong leadership and establish credibility as a business leader, to ensure execution of current business plans and budgets, taking full P&L responsibility for the business unit performance, develop a plan to improve profitability of the UK & IE business
- Further develop and implement an ambitious business growth strategy in line with the group strategy
- Devise and implement demanding targets for improvement in market share, profit margin and customer satisfaction measures, without compromising quality
- Build and maintain strong relationships to ensure communication and integration with Group
- Develop strong and constructive relationships at a high level with existing and potential customers
- Review existing systems, controls and organisational structures to identify, track and optimise conversion and pull through of contracts to support the realistic but ambitious growth plans
- Build and maintain a growth-oriented customer focused culture with accountability, high commitment and team work as shared values
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Degree educated, MBA preference
- Strong commercial background in relevant field
- Extensive senior management experience within a comparable business
- Proven senior management experience, preferably with a commercial or general management background in specified building products and solutions, supplying into the building services industry
- Strong commercial leader with P&L experience, with demonstrable track record of growing and developing a business
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations, and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, lean management and a strong sense of accountability.
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style
- ‘Hands on’ operator with evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
Apply for UK Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly