Director of Finance
4 days left
Elevation Recruitment Group is delighted to be retained as recruitment partner to a successful and growing manufacturing business as they seek to appoint a Director of Finance - Europe & Asia to be based from their UK office in Sheffield. This Director of Finance opportunity will both a challenging and rewarding role and it is rare for such an exciting position to come available on the South Yorkshire market.
This prestigious business is a worldwide leader in design and manufacturing for the orthopaedic and medical device markets, including joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, sports medicine, extremities and dental. The company is able to do this by compressing time to market, providing new technologies and being the best total supply-chain value. They provide expertise in design and development, quality and regulatory support, implant manufacture, advanced machining, plastics technology, instrument manufacturing, implant coatings, surface treatments, and packaging services. With 14 world-class facilities located around the globe, they continue to provide others an opportunity to live a better life through the products, services and the way the company conducts business. The company employs approximately 2,000 people in four countries - US, UK, Switzerland, and China.
The Director of Finance - Europe & Asia is responsible for supporting the development of the finance and accounting strategy and leading the execution of the global strategy for finance within their region. With further acquisitions planned in the future, this role will initially be responsible locations in the UK (Sheffield), Switzerland, and China.
The Director of Finance is responsible for accounting, finance, payroll, job costing, corporate compliance, legal, property management, and deal analysis and negotiations for the region. In addition the incumbent will work closely with the global finance team which is split in to two core areas; financial reporting and FP&A.
The Director of Finance will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer based in the US and indirectly to the General Manager - Europe & Asia who is based in Sheffield.
This will be a broad and varied financial leadership role, key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and report the monthly management accounts and associated financial analysis within the defined financial calendar and globally defined quality standards
- Establish shared services (AP & AR) where appropriate while implementing best practices
- Ensure that internal financial controls such as those relating to working capital, cash, productivity and scrap are reported correctly and are controlled to achieve plan levels
- Develop capital expenditure requests and ensure return on investment meets target level
- Co-ordinate the preparation of statutory audits along with the US financial reporting team
- Be the regional expert on taxation issues, currency issues, transfer pricing issues, risk mitigation and pensions
- Develop relationships with auditors, external bodies such as the Inland Revenue, HM Customs & Excise, Pension Company
- Maintain the standard costing system with the ability to apply cost drivers and improvements
- Monitor Company performance relative to financial plans and partner with the General Manager to address key business risks and opportunities
- Perform financial analysis of site P&L's, balance sheet, and cash flow and reporting the summarised findings to Corporate HQ and local management team
- Prepare reports and present monthly financial results to Corporate HQ with explanations of actual financial results vs. budget/forecast/prior year, etc.
- Conduct detailed analysis of profitability by SKU, part family, customer, value-stream, etc. Specific calculations on the impact of sales mix and price on EBITDA including standard vs. actual variances
- Prepare monthly rolling forecasts for IBP (Integrated Business Planning) initiative; Prepare annual budget and ad-hoc forecasts for assigned locations
Due to the dynamic and ambitious nature of this business, they are seeking to appoint a high calibre and driven, CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified, finance leader who is ready to take on this position. Applicants will need to have significant experience in a financial management position and be able to present recent examples of completing the above duties. My client has particular interest in individuals who have a strong background in FP&A, experience of working within a manufacturing (ideally international) business and can demonstrate the interpersonal skills to make them a successful business partner.
Elevation Recruitment Group would love to hear from ambitious Finance Directors and Financial Controllers from the local region who feel they have the skills and experience to make a success of this fantastic opportunity.
Apply for Director of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly