Chief Data Officer (HN773022)
A global shipping and transportation organisation is continuing to drive an aggressive and complex change and transformational programme in order to deliver a service of excellence for its customers and clients worldwide. The organisation is looking for a Chief Data Officer (CDO) to provide the global vision and strategy for all data management activities across the company.
Reporting into the Group Chief Technology and Information Officer (CTIO) the position will champion data management, governance and vendor partnerships whilst developing data procedures and policies ensuring the company meets industry best practices.
The CDO role is a new position responsible for helping the group manage change and develop a culture that uses data to inform decisions, identify trends and maximises data value. It's imperative that the new CDO takes the organisation on an emotional journey, ensuring adequate buy in across the business with a passion to utilise data to significantly improve business operations and drive growth. Concepts to be explored by the CDO include AI, Automated Reality, Blockchain, IOT, Machine Learning and Robotics. The CDO will lead inter-disciplinary teams, improve data systems and crucially drive innovation and business growth through the use of the data estate
The CDO will lead a large, talented, globally dispersed team and will be primarily based in Copenhagen.
- A senior level CDO or senior Data Leader with significant experience of defining complex, globally focused data strategies.
- Ability to work with the CTIO and associated senior stakeholders to develop a roadmap for the evolution of a global data culture. This will involve regular interaction and engagement, stakeholder education with the implementation of an effective training programme.
- A desire to pursue local, regional and international business partnerships to leverage resources and ideas and ensure there is global buy in and uptake of the new data evolution.
- Executive level leadership able to inspire and drive a large team across global territories.
- Previous experience in the shipping, transport or automotive industries would be ideal. Experience within an industrial business with physical assets is essential, for example (but not limited to); Utilities/Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Engineering, Logistics, Construction, Healthcare, Smart Cities, Transport.
- Prior subject matter expertise in data management and innovation with a passion to leverage new concepts such as AI, Automated Reality, Blockchain, IOT, Machine Learning and Robotics to drive business performance and internal and external customer experience.
- A personable and highly engaging personality with exemplary communication and influencing abilities.
- A resilient character able to drive a global data agenda. Commercially smart with the ability to visualise the bigger picture and drive "tomorrows organisation" with data at the very heart of the enterprise.
Copenhagen. Relocation support is available. Must be able to work in Copenhagen 4-5 days per week.
Highly competitive Six Figure Base + Executive Package.