Head of FP&A
3 days left
Our client is a leading provider of care, for vulnerable individuals, across England and Wales. Focusing on providing the best care possible, tailoring their approach to each individual’ specific needs.
Having grown steadily over the last 20 years, a recent merger and an injection of cash, from the leading stakeholder, has provided the CFO with an opportunity to hire a high quality Head of FP&A to lead the commercial Finance Team. The Head of FP&A will manage all aspects of the annual budget, 5 year plan and quarterly forecasts. They will work closely with the CFO and CEO, the regional directors, and the home managers.
- To manage the production of the annual budget, 5 year plan and forecast to be measured against in the monthly management accounts
- Lead a bottom up budgeting approach whilst maintaining overall control with top down reviews
- Encourage buy in from Managers by meeting them in their localities to ensure their buy in
- Produce the budget and forecast on a home by home basis working closely with the management accounts team to collate costs in relation to each area
- Working closely with the Head of Finance (Acquisition and Integration) to incorporate any future purchases into the budget and 5 year plan
- Creating a high level monthly re-forecast following the completion of the management accounts to help facilitate decision making by senior managers
- Management of maintenance and improvements of the planning system (TM1) in order facilitate improvements to the production of the budgets and forecast
- Being a point of contact for regional directors and home managers for all budget related queries taking care to maintain buy in to the budgeting processes as well as making sure that the top down budget targets are achieved
- Calculating and creating variance analysis comparing these to previous plans to be presented to the board for approval.
- Identify strategic opportunities for the Group and collaborate with Ops to lead best practice
Essential for the role is the ability to partner with the CFO, CEO and Senior/Regional Leadership Team. Whilst the CFO will remain close to the commercial side of the business the Head of FP&A should have enough commercial finance experience and team management capability to drive the function forward. Accurate and timely analysis and commercial financial reporting is vital to this role.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Problem solving skills
- Great communication skills particularly when dealing with senior stakeholders
- Previous experience as a senior manager in finance
- Advanced excel skills and knowledge of planning tools such as TM1
- Strong attention to detail
- Corporate and Business Reporting
- Governance, Risk and Control
- Leadership and Management
- Ethical and professional behaviour
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a developing team and company with great scope to take on and lead all elements of commercial finance.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia.
Apply for Head of FP&A
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly