Head of Service - Children's Services
A great opportunity to work within Children's Services at Plymouth City Council in Devon.
You would be a dynamic candidate at Head of Service level, with extensive experience within Children's Services, looking for their next exciting interim role.
Your role primarily will be to provide expert and detailed advice to the Service Director, Director and Members on the national policies and expectations of the Authority. Ensuring children, young people and their families achieve the positive and improved outcomes and that children and young people are effectively safeguarded. Whilst delivering the best standards of practice, demonstrated by achieving both local and national performance expectations
This role is for approximately 3-6 months and will be based within the City Centre of Plymouth. The salary for this exciting opportunity is negotiable depending on your skills and experience.
You will hold the following demonstrable experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Social Work or Professional Social Work qualification e.g. CQSW/CSS/DipSW or equivalent
- Registration with the HCPC
- Extensive post qualification experience
- Considerable management experience, including managing other managers and budgets
- Demonstrable experience of managing and motivating teams, to achieve significant service improvements and improved outcomes for children and young people
- Evidence of a successful background of innovation, initiative and achievement including participation in projects spanning professional boundaries
- Experience in raising care standards and of developing and using performance data in securing service improvements
- Evidence of working in effective partnerships, to secure best outcomes for children and further build on current partnership arrangements across Plymouth
- Experience of setting and achieving organisational performance targets and standards
- Experience of interpreting and analysing financial and performance management information in order to contribute and influence service design and commissioning
Plymouth City Council Children's services operate from a compact site in the centre of the historic city of Plymouth, Britain's Ocean City. Plymouth is located on the border of Devon and Cornwall in the South West of the UK - it is a vibrant waterfront city in one of the most beautiful areas of the country close to beaches and Dartmoor. All of the Children's services staff are housed in the same building, across the road from the court and very close to Plymouth Hoe. This ensures quick access to support facilities and a culture of open communication.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachelle Addison, Specialist Consultant. Rachelle prides herself on working successfully with both applicants and her client in finding the right person for the right job every time.
If you would like to speak to Rachelle directly, please call.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors. If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors on our website. Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!