My client is a prominent and highly-regarded business based in Brussels:
They are urgently seeking a business analyst for an immediate start, on a contract basis:
- Higher education (Master or Bachelor) with technical/engineering or business economics background, or equivalent through experience;
- Communication skills and experience with teamwork and project-oriented working.
- Knowledge of business processes in general and of those of the Flemish government in particular (after training period)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in general business management with application in the IT field.
- Strong communication and analysis oriented.
- Strong abstraction
- Being able to think and work from the business on a strategic level
- By thorough analysis and financial substantiation, being able to determine the technological solutions for the business challenges that the customer is confronted with.
- Language requirement: Dutch speaking at European CEFR level C2.
- Knowledge of MS Office Packages
- Knowledge of the different Project Management facets (costs, timing, coordination, planning, estimates
- Thorough Knowledge of Business Engineering; being able to propose business solutions that are a good combination of Business and Technology knowledge
- Customers can advise and assist with strategy, organization and IT issues
- Being able to give a vision of the (technological) developments within their field to Clients, being able to deal well with a set business target
Modeling and analysis:
o Knowledge and experience with BPMN, UML.
o Knowledge and experience with analysis tools such as Enterprise Architect, Visio, ... (or equivalent)
o Knowledge and experience with writing user stories in a scrum/agile context
o Knowledge and experience with writing out use cases or user stories and screen descriptions (wireframes)
o Knowledge and experience of data and process modelling techniques and tools and you can prepare a domain model.
- At least a basic knowledge of Enterprise architecture principles
- Experience with the realization of web applications
- Experience with compiling a product backlog
- Experience with drawing up a project plan
- Experience and knowledge of SQL and reporting
- Experience and affinity with CRM applications is a plus.
- Experience with GIS is a plus.
The analyst is deployed in projects within the IT department of. This mainly concerns geo-related projects.
Depending on the need and changing priorities, the analyst can be deployed on other projects or on smaller ad-hoc projects, whether or not as a subproject within the larger whole of the primary project assessments.
Complex integrations and data migrations also need to be worked out for these projects.
The analyst is responsible for drawing up and/or processing the business requirements in the form of a business analysis based on established methodology and techniques.
You will translate the business requirements into a functional analysis with user cases, user stories and make screen descriptions.
You will act as the bridge between the business and the development team of technical analysts, developers and testers.
Within work according to the Agile/Scrum development method within a structured program and portfolio management (based on SAFe), knowledge of this is a plus and it is a clear plus if you have experience as an active member of a scrum team (as an analyst, product) owner (Proxy) or scrum master).
Personable experience with analysis of web applications/websites
Demonstrable knowledge of SQL (minimal analysis in this respect)
Demonstrable experience with organizing user tests
Demonstrable experience with ETL or data migration projects is a plus
Demonstrable experience with GIS is a plus
Demonstrable knowledge and experience with writing stories in SCRUM context Demonstrable experience with Agile/Scrum environment as an active member of a scrum team (as an analyst, PO Proxy or scrum master)
Demonstrable knowledge and experience with BPMN, UML
Proven experience with Functional analysis Senior (7.00 years)
Experience levels and years of experience
Proven knowledge and experience with Enterprise Architect, Visio or equivalent analysis tool.
Higher education (Master or Bachelor) with technical/engineering or business economics background, or equivalent through experience
Communication skills and experience with teamwork and project-oriented working. Knowledge of business processes in general and of those of the Flemish government in particular (after training period)
Minimum 5 years of experience in general business operations with application in the ICT field.
Experience levels and years of experience
Strong Communication and analysis-oriented.
Strong abstraction capacity
Can think and work from the business at the strategic level
By a thorough analysis and financial substantiation, being able to determine the technological solutions for the business challenges that the customer is facing.
Knowledge of MS Office
If this role does interest you, please get in touch at the earliest convenience.