Director of Resources
2 days left
Russam GMS is proud to be supporting Blind Veterans UK in their search for a Director of Resources.
Blind Veterans UK believe that no one who has served our country should have to battle blindness alone. It is their vision that all blind veterans have access to the finest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
It is an exciting time to join a growing organisation as they develop their pioneering and inspirational research and innovation activity alongside their recently transformed and enhanced service delivery operation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the fundamental objectives of the Director of Resources role will be:
- To formulate the strategy and policy of the Resources Directorate to ensure the long-term financial resilience of the Charity
- To have responsibility for and direct the development and activities of the Finance, Information Services and Estates departments (staff of 38)
- To bring about positive change for blind and partially sighted veterans by ensuring the implementation of the Strategic Plan across the organisation as part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
A further dimension of the role is the income from property and investment portfolio of £5 million annually with a long-term investment target of 3.5% above inflation. There is an expenditure budget of £4.7 million (2018/19).
Blind Veterans UK are looking for a visionary leader committed to their purpose and with strong external links to influential individuals and organisations who will want to help them in their mission. They need a creative and analytical thinker with the ability to inspire people at all levels, from 1,500 staff and volunteers to high profile government officials and influencers in public and private enterprises.
Alignment with their purpose and values and demonstrable ability to successfully support service delivery and fundraising directors to achieve their ambitious goals is more important than charity sector experience.
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant and member of professional accountancy body.
Other essential criteria includes:
- Excellent understanding of the financial management and reporting requirements and obligations of a not for profit organisation
- A strong understanding of good governance
- Demonstrable strong understanding of financial instruments and investment management
- Knowledge of charity law and regulation, including VAT and tax
- Excellent and well-developed communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrable ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal, problem solving and influencing skills
- A proven strategic mind-set with the ability to see the big picture and translate this into programmes of action
- Proven strategic development and business planning skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to structure, engage and lead a diverse team to achieve outstanding results
- Senior management experience in a medium sized organisation
- Extensive experience of managing an operational finance function
- Experience of developing long term finance, IT and investment strategies
- Experience of successfully building leading and shaping a team
The Candidate Information Pack available on our website www.russam-gms.co.uk
Closing date: Monday 29th April 2019
Preliminary interviews with Russam GMS: Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th May 2019 (London)
Assessment Centre: Wednesday 29th May 2019 (Brighton)
Final Interviews: Friday 31st May 2019
How to Apply
To apply for this position please provide the following two pieces of information:
- A comprehensive CV, including details of your achievements in each role and details of two referees.
- A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the criteria as outlined in the person specification. Please also outline your motivation for applying for this role.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Melissa Baxter – 07789 985229 or Marsha Gosling – 07818 509690.