Components Business Manager
The Components Business Manager is a pivotal role within the company based in South Wales, the role will be diverse, with responsibilities in various aspects of the technical, process, new product introduction, operational leadership and business and account development.
A materials engineering business based in South Wales supplying products into multiple sectors, they have seen continuous growth and are keen to maintain this by expanding on existing product range. Regarded a strong brand in terms of engineering capabilities and reputation for quality.
As Components Business Manager...
- General management role with overall P&L responsibility for the business unit.
- Research, identify and develop new business opportunities to grow the BU based upon existing industry experience and networks.
- Develop and execute a business development strategy to profitably grow the Business Unit, targeting growth in existing and new markets.
- In a direct manner, operationally responsible to the operations director, responsible for manufacturing performance through the self-sufficient operational teams which include production management, product design, quality, process engineering and estimating.
- In a matrix manner working closely with the commercial director and the cross business sales team and external agents, develop a sales growth strategy.
- Direct customer contact and ownership of the BU customer relationships.
- Project management - champion new product development, new product introductions (NPIs) and new Account development, with time to market a key priority.
- Develop business cases in support of capital investment to deliver business strategies.
- Conduct sales analysis and the compilation of sales reports, further develop procedures to assure adherence / improvement in sales / product specifications and quality standards.
- Performance will be measured against agreed KPIs including but not limited to Business growth, customer retention, new business generation, adherence to budget, win/loss ratio, profitability, safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- General management experience of running a multi-disciplined business with £6m-£10m turnover and up to 70 people (with central overhead support).
- Operational and manufacturing experience in a castings foundry and machine shop or similar small batch manufacturing environments.
- Sales and business development experience in an international environment.
- Entrepreneurial with a strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Hungry, self-motivated, achievement oriented, results driven.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with internal colleagues during a period of significant change in an evolving organisation.
- Analytical capability working from first principles, innovative thinker, a solution provider.
As a Components Business Manager your skills and experience should include:
- Ideally a minimum 2:1 honours degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering.
- Exceptional Technical and Operational skills appropriate to a castings foundry business.
- Managed business development and growth with an international customer base, multi-cultural and inter cultural appreciation.
- Achieved business growth through justified and targeted investment and capacity introductions.
- Ideally an excellent working knowledge of the application of cast (and machined) Cobalt, Nickel and Stainless steel alloy components within any of the Steel, Oil and Gas, Power, Glass, Food, Automotive, Aerospace markets (and other relevant markets) and selling into them.
- Ability to develop a business growth strategy and lead technical/complex sales discussions with clients and potential clients.
- Post graduate metallurgical or business qualification desirable.
- Extensive industrial experience in a related industry such as aerospace, automotive or materials engineering.
Excellent salary and package