The project manager role is critical to an international program focused on improving air quality in cities.
Oversee the initiative's progress against deliverables and timelines to anticipate roadblocks and develop solutions for overcoming them.
My client is an international NGO with a passionate and committed workforce behind it.
The position manages a complex cross-program budget and multiple work streams, identifies and solves problems; and promotes strong communication with key internal and external audiences. The position holder reports to the VP of Health to ensure strategic coordination and alignment with the overall strategy of the global air quality program in addition to:
- Manage and lead weekly staff and partner meetings
- Support the various teams and individual staff members contributing to the project, as needed
- Work with Finance and other budget partners to oversee and manage the project budget and contracts
- Develop donor reports and funding proposals; and collaborate with Development on an ongoing basis to ensure effective donor communication and stewardship
- Maintain a broad subject area knowledge related to air quality, public health, and energy systems
The Project Manager will be able to demonstrate:
- Solid strategic planning, financial management, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to lead professionals in a collegial and team-centered manner
- Dedication to building and managing relationships to build team cohesion and trust with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience; and to interact with a variety of constituencies with a high-level of diplomacy and discretion
- Proven ability to make strategic and timely decisions and take prompt action to resolve problems and take advantage of opportunities
A generous and competitive salary is on offer for this London based project manager position.