New Product Development Manager
New Product Development Manager
Cambridge or London Salary to £65,000 plus benefits
Opportunity to create a new product development function for a global brand
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test for study, work and migration with more than three million tests taken in the past year.
IELTS is a global brand with its results being recognised by more than 10,000 organisations, including educational institutions, employers, professional associations and governments, in more than 140 countries around the world.
IELTS test content is developed by an international team of experts and undergoes extensive research to ensure the test remains fair and unbiased for any candidate regardless of nationality, background, gender, lifestyle or location.
IELTS was one of the pioneers of four skills English language testing over 25 years ago and continues to set the standard for English language testing today.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. As internationally focused organisations, they are committed to academic excellence and cultural understanding – ideal providers of international English testing.
The application of technology within assessment is increasing at pace with the growth in online/computer-based testing, and the emergence of initiatives such as remote proctoring and the use of speech recognition and AI in test marking. Customer preferences and expectations are also changing which is having an impact on how they wish to access learning and assessment. As the IELTS brand is very strong globally, this presents a largely unrealised opportunity to exploit the brand further through the development of global and market specific learning and assessment products.
Working to a newly appointed Director of Product Development, key duties and responsibilities of the New Product Development Manager will include:
- Working with the IELTS Research Group (IRG) and external partners, conduct in depth analysis into developments in assessment theory; the application of new technology to learning and assessment; competitor activity, and evolving customer needs and expectations on an ongoing basis
- Match innovation with the insights gained from the above activities to identify new, breakthrough opportunities for the next generation IELTS product and potential new products and services
- Develop product development and delivery plans for approval by Director of Product Development
- Form and manage product development teams drawn from different functional areas within the IELTS partners and external partner organisations as required, ensuring an appropriate mix of skills, knowledge and expertise
- Develop and test prototypes, minimum viable products (MVPs) and subsequent iterations
Ideally, you will have significant product development experience in the education sector with a demonstrable track record of identifying and developing transformational new products for B2B and B2C markets. Possessing excellent communication skills, you will have the ability to influence and manage internal and external relationships at a senior level as well as work collaboratively with our partner organisations representatives.
If you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact Laurence Wolahan T 020 7259 8743 M 07764 902 591 or Sam Cresswell T 0113 200 3733.
Closing date for applications: 22nd April 2019
Preliminary interviews: End April/Beginning May 2019
IELTS interviews: Beginning/Mid May 2019
The above dates are subject to change