Interim Engineering Transformation Director
Our client operates passenger transportation services globally. In the UK they are a market leader in their field.
The company wish to bring someone in to review the function to assess what they have in place, identify areas for improvement and help them design a future plan. Once agreed create the road-map and prioritise work-streams to lead them through the journey to delivery.
They need an individual who can help set a plan and once agreed, articulate that in the correct manner to the team so they gain an understanding of and become engaged in the vision for the future.
- Dependent on the review and future shape of the function it is thought that some of the key areas of delivery will include
- Defined standards for quality of activities agreed and methods of measurement in place
- Processes established so there’s a clear mechanism for communications
- Continuity plans created
- Clarity around the structure to deliver an efficiently run function
- Defined responsibilities and ensure these are monitored
- A cultural shift towards openness, flexibility, willingness to change, aimed at meeting targets and maximising efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be a member of a relevant engineering professional body and have the following experience:
- Extensive working experience in a similar role within the passenger transport & logistics or road haulage & distribution sector or other safety critical environment
- Experience of delivering engineering improvements in a safety critical business
- Leadership of engineering operations of 100+ employees with a blue collar, heavily unionised workforce, across multiple locations
- Proven track record of change leadership, including; reviewing current business operational status, providing recommendations for future state and delivering the chosen outcome, within an environment where behaviours and culture also need to be changed
- Managing and leading teams through step change or transformation, to effect greater efficiency in operations of a function
- Ability to inspire others and possess strong influencing skills
- Engagement and stakeholder management skills, including union negotiations
- Resilient with the ability to handle multiple engineering issues at the same time
- High levels of emotional intelligence and ability to win ‘hearts and minds’ across the broader business