Legal Counsel-Asset management
It is a high profile position which manages service delivery and diverse client relationships and relationships with other legal managers in potentially all business units across the Group. You will be responsible for providing legal advice for business-as-usual and strategic transactions which will be of significant or material value to the Group, often involving many millions of pounds investment/ divestment.
Internationally renowned insurance company. Proud of being cabable to provide their customers with life, general and health insurance, and asset management
- Provide first class, timely, commercially focused and industry leading legal service.
- Legal risk reports which summarise material legal risk issues for own area of accountability.
- Appropriate liaison and cooperation with business areas - to promote risk management reporting, control and awareness initiatives within those business units, in order to provide reasonable assurance that those business areas are controlling legal risk in accordance with the Standard.
- Active management of the instruction of external lawyers in accordance with the Supplier Protocol, with a view to minimising expenditure on external suppliers.
- Good technical knowledge in areas of law relevant to asset management, with particular emphasis on product and operational matters, client take on and IMAs, distribution, trading, including knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Good oral and written communication and problem solving skills (the latter applied in the context of significant commercial transactions and the management and identification of legal risk).
- Lawyer with at 3/4 years post qualification experience either within a financial services team of an external law firm or an in-house legal function of an investment management business.
- Ability to successfully contribute to major projects, negotiations and relationships with third parties and external advisers.
Competitive Salary plus benefits and bonus