Independent Member (Finance), Finance, Risk, Resource and Audit Committee
Alexandra Park and Palace Charitable Trust is seeking to appoint an independent committee member to its Finance, Risk, Resource and Audit Committee, a subcommittee of the Trustee Board. This is an exciting time for the Trust with a recently completed restoration project, a decade of successful trading activity and more projects planned for the future.
The Independent Member (Finance) will play a vital role in advising and supporting members of the Committee and assisting the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities.
This is a voluntary position for a Charitable Trust and as such is unremunerated however expenses will be paid.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- To ensure compliance with the Terms of Reference of the Committee
- To review the annual accounts and audit report before submission to the Trustee Board
- To ensure effective systems of control and risk management are in place so that the Charity is able to meet its legal requirements, financial plans and deliver its strategy
- To ensure that effective internal and external audit functions are in place
- To advise on the internal audit programme and other expert reviews on risk and compliance
- To provide assurance to the Trustee Boars that measures are in place to meet its governance requirements
- To monitor performance of the Charity against its short, medium and long term goals.
- To provide reassurance to the Board that the Charity’s affairs are being conducted effectively, lawfully and ethically.
The successful candidate will hold a relevant accountancy qualification or have relevant financial experience at Board level. Strategic awareness and the ability to identify emerging external factors that may impact on strategy implementation or plans is a must. Good communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work as part of a diverse team is essential. Previous Board experience, good knowledge of internal and external audit and risk management along with an understanding the Charity Governance Code would be advantageous.
This is not an exhaustive list. For full details including how to apply please refer to the INDEPENDENT MEMBER (FRRAC) JOB PACK
The deadline for applications is 09:00 Monday 6 May 2019
Appointees are expected to be available to take up their role in June 2019
No agencies please.
Apply for Independent Member (Finance), Finance, Risk, Resource and Audit Committee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly