Group Consolidation Accountant
My client, a large Central Government department (with numerous independent arms-length bodies across all of its sectors) has an exciting opportunity in its central Financial Accounting and Consolidation Team.
This is an interesting and challenging role, which will provide the successful applicant with opportunities to work with a diverse group of Arms Length Bodies (several of which are billion Pound entities) which follow a number of financial accounting frameworks. This results in the requirement to ‘align’ statutory accounts within the Group thus providing an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop knowledge across a wide range of government frameworks.
- The preparation of the Departmental Group Accounts (incorporating all ALBs). This involves liaising with ALBs, developing systems, the checking of data collection packs (C-Packs), preparing journals, and assistance with counter party eliminations.
- The provision of sound technical financial advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Consolidating Group accounts
- Supporting colleagues and ALBs in the resolution of accounting (and budgetary) issues
- Working as an intermediary between ALBs to resolve any counter party elimination mismatches
- Reviewing the accounts to ensure conformity with the Government Financial Reporting Manual (FReM)
- Liaising with the National Audit Office (NAO) and ensuring all necessary documentation is available for audit
- Provision of technical accounting (and possibly budgetary) advice
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with over 2 years experience and exposure to producing/auditing accounts (ideally consolidated and within Central Government). You will also be an exceptional communicator with the ability to influence at all levels, with a demonstrable track record of delivering process improvements.
Knowledge and experience of the FReM, Consolidated Budgeting Guidance (CBG), Managing Public Money and the Treasury’s supply estimates manual are also highly desirable.
Must have previously used SAP.
If the above fits your experience and approach I would love to hear from you.