Our client is a rapidly growing developer and operator of energy plants across the UK and they are now looking to recruit a best-in-class CFO to join a highly driven management team. Having overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy the CFO will also be responsible for coordinating corporate finance as well as managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisition as appropriate.
- Provide leadership to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Ensure that all company financial and other systems and controls are in place and are robust and compliant with GAAP and applicable regulatory financial and tax legislation to support current activities and future growth
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other Senior Managers and Non-Executives to grow the business
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, budgets, plans, targets and business drivers
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Lead and develop the finance team
- Present monthly and annual accounts, budgets and forecasts to the board and to investors
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties
- Possess demonstrable experience running/leading a Finance function as FD/CFO in the SME space during periods of rapid growth, with a 'hands on' approach to commercial financial management and reporting
- Fully qualified accountant
- A relevant degree in energy management/environmental science or engineering desirable and/or a background in the energy/utilities/process sectors.
- Experience of private equity, corporate finance essential
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Dynamic and insightful with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- The individual will have gravitas, be an excellent communicator and be highly motivated
- Have direct experience in pulling together annual budgets following input from the business, structured on a monthly basis with P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows.
- Demonstrate significant experience in putting together management accounts and associated analysis/commentary, as well as introducing appropriate controls where necessary
- Strong IT skills with experience in investing in IT/new technologies desirable
- Have significant financial modelling experience / Excel skills in order to support the above