Group Tax Manager
- Opportunity to lead and manage the Group's multiple tax operations and affairs
- Times Fast Track Company operating over Europe, Asia and the US
About Our Client
Radius Payment Solutions is an established, rapidly growing and profitable service provider to the fleet and logistics market that holds an enviable position in a lucrative, growing global market. They offer the widest range of fuel cards on the market to customers ranging from small businesses with a few cars and vans, to major fleet and logistics companies with hundreds of vehicles.
Their own brand fuel cards are accepted at more than 9000 service stations throughout Europe ranging from national supermarket brands such as Tesco and Morrisons to major truckstop locations along key transport routes. This unique network allows customers to get competitively priced diesel via a range of fuel card solutions to suit their individual fleet needs.
They are also Europe's largest reseller of Oil Company branded fuel cards and have partnerships ranging from independent national networks to major global companies such as Shell, BP and Exxon.
Currently ranked as number 35 in The Sunday Times Top Track league of Britain's largest private companies, it operates across Europe, Asia and the US and has over 150,000 customers ranging from small businesses to global oil and logistics companies. To facilitate ambitious future growth plans, the leading private equity firm Inflexion injected £150 million into the business in 2017.
Given this is a newly created position in an entrepreneurial environment, the responsibilities with be varied and fluid. Balancing your commercial and technical skills, responsibilities for the Group Tax Manager will include, but not be restricted to, the following:
- Oversight and management of direct and indirect tax services in compliance with country laws and regulations within time frame. The Group operates indirect tax registrations in c.25 countries and has direct tax responsibilities for c.35 legal entities across UK, Europe, Asia and US.
- Legally minimise tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Identify and mitigate tax risks, improve processes by developing or implementing best practices and robust controls for tax returns and reporting, tax compliance and tax payments
- Manage the relationship with HMRC and all other in-country tax authorities where the Group operates in relation to tax audits and queries
- Build relationships and interact with key stakeholders to provide innovative tax planning and consulting expertise
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on day to day business operation matters to the Group
- Manage the Group's Global Tax Compliance and Reporting contract with our external tax advisors, and optimize the in-house vs outsourced mix of taxation activities
- Oversight of all tax papers as required and handle all tax-related information data requests
- Deliver tax insight into the new ERP accounting systems, processes and results to enable key stakeholders to better understand and improve performance and aid decision making
- Direct management responsibility for the Group's VAT manager, plus shared finance resource for routine indirect tax return data collection
- Support the Group Finance Director with ad hoc projects
The Successful Applicant:
- Qualified accountant (Either ACA or CTA)
- Significant experience of working in a tax role
- Proven work experience as a tax manager and leader in a global work environment
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong technical skills, excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Proficient interaction and influencing capabilities across all levels of the organisation, including dealing with non-technical people
- Planning and co-ordination skills, with experience of leading and successfully delivering tax related projects
- Attention to detail but remain strategically focussed on the "big-picture"
- Results focussed, able to consistently deliver to a high standard
- Innovative thinker
- Embraces change and continuous improvement
- Resilient working under pressure to achieve desired results
- Able to work equally as effectively as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Commercially aware
- Ability to interpret and advise on complex tax legislation
- Good problem-solving abilities
- No Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain specific industry experience is needed.
What's on Offer
As Group Tax Manager, on offer will be:
- £65,000 - £75,000
- Annual bonus linked to achievement of set objectives
- Group life insurance policy 4x basic salary
- 25 days holiday
- The position will be based in a brand new, purpose built head office building in Crewe which has on site gym and café facilities.
- Auto - enrolment pension scheme
- Working in a high profile prestigious firm listed on "The Times Fast track companies list"
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE13998500Z