3 days left
- Great opportunity to work for a dynamic, growing business
- Broad leadership role encompassing finance, purchasing, IT, quality and legal
About Our Client
Synnovia Plc is a niche manufacturer of specialist plastic products whose business model is based on understanding customers' problems and then developing and mass producing proprietary, technical solutions for these problems. In 2018 Synnovia grew top line by 16%, generating £76m in sales and £7m EBITDA. The business operates through two divisions, Films and Industrial.
Synnovia's Films division has a turnover of £50m and manufactures packaging for the food manufacturing and distribution sector specifically films, sacks and pouches. The division is headquartered in Haslingden, Lancashire and has two other manufacturing sites in Hull and Dunstable. As a business it differentiates itself by offering innovative solutions to its customers' needs. The division has a highly engaged workforce and a transparent, apolitical culture.
In this newly created role you will work alongside the Managing Director, acting as an able deputy and assuming responsibility for all areas of the business not directly related to sales or manufacturing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and oversight of the division's finance, purchasing, IT, quality and legal functions
- Acting as a critical friend and business partner to fellow directors to challenge and drive business performance
- Playing a key role in developing and implementing strategy
- Developing pricing strategy
- Ensuring there is a clear understanding of costs, gross margin and customer and product profitability
- Providing financial appraisals of capital investments
- Ensuring maximum value is being obtained from the purchasing function
It is expected that you will be the conscience of the business and support the creation of sustainable long-term value.
The Successful Applicant
The role suits a finance director with broad cross-functional leadership experience gained in a fast paced multi-site industrial business. It is expected that, in addition to a background in finance, you will also have a strong understanding of commercial and operational issues.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a large group and of successfully helping a business navigate a period of growth. You will need to be someone who is supportive yet challenging with the ability to lift up your head and take a helicopter view of a business.
Critically you must be a strong leader, capable of developing people and building a positive, customer service focused culture. Allied to this you will need to be comfortable working as part of an open, frank and driven management team.
What's on Offer
Circa £110,000 + car, bonus & benefits
Ref Code: MPFE13996188Z
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly