7 days left
Engineering Director – L3 TRL Technology Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire Exceptional salary, bonus and benefits The Company
L3 TRL Technology is an established, innovative and specialist defence electronics company. It designs, manufactures and supplies the most advanced cyber security and electronic warfare (EW) products and solutions to secure governments (i.e. GCHQ and other agencies) and civil organisations, both in UK and internationally. The continuous drive to develop advanced solutions is TRL’s pedigree, resulting in directly contributing to a more secure society, helping protect our national security and combating emerging global threats.
Underpinning this is the established and highly talented engineering function, which is core to the business. With a heritage in R&D, the engineering team continuously strives to revolutionise and disrupt the market.
As a key member of the Leadership Team, driving the organisation forward, TRL is seeking an experienced Engineering Director to lead, manage and inspire this large team, to augment the product set and support national and international growth. You will:
- Own and deliver the engineering strategy; be technically astute and a proven thought-leader that inspires ideation.
- Contribute to the organisational strategy both within and external to functional area
- Lead and manage the engineering function; mentor, coach, appraise and train.
- Drive design excellence, ensuring products and solutions are fit for purpose; embed a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop trusted partnerships with customers and suppliers.
- Manage the pipeline of projects, including financial and resource management.
- Devise and manage appropriate KPI’s and ensure timely and accurate reporting to the board.
The successful candidate will be technically savvy, with ability to demonstrate significant engineering leadership experience within the defence sector or relevant technology led markets, such as automotive or other software / electronics related businesses.
You will have managed engineering across a broad range of technologies such as embedded software, digital, hardware, electronics and systems engineering. EW or cyber security experience is advantageous, but not a pre-requisite. You will be:
- A proven leader and manager of engineering teams of 100 plus and be a role model for forward thinking technology leadership.
- A hands-on team manager, and someone who sets direction, drives collaboration and empowers your teams.
- Able to demonstrate strong relationship building and influencing skills at senior level, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced in 3rd party supplier and contract management.
- Results orientated with a focus on delivery, continuous improvement, accurate forecasting and time/cost/schedule excellence.
- A passionate adopter of best practice across the full engineering cycle.
- Proactive, resilient and tenacious.
TRL offers an excellent bonus and benefits scheme, including flexible working hours.
If you have any queries or would like more information with regards to this advert please contact our recruitment advisor at Berwick Partners; James.Blackwood@berwickpartners.co.uk quoting reference 71291.
For details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/71291