Our client, a specialist offshore engineering company, is currently looking for an Interim CTO (Engineering Lead) for a three to six-month assignment.
The Interim CTO will be responsible for leading my clients engineering and technology development as well as manage the day to day engineering priorities within the business. This includes the responsibility and accountability for overseeing the Group's ongoing and future Technology strategy and procedures.
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the executive team and manage a team of circa 20 engineers.
They will also be responsible for:
- Deliver and sustain an engineering team that is aligned to market requests.
- Set and deliver the vision and strategy for the Engineering Group while ensuring that the alignment to the vision, values and goals of business are maintained
- Lead and deliver technology development plan while interfacing with the business and wider Groups engineering personnel to maintain strategic alignment
- Leading, building and develop a multi-disciplinary engineering team of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and software engineers in line with the businesses Engineering strategies and vision
- Work with the foundation cluster companies to ensure a high level of engineering focus with any project reported issues managed through the respective cluster group operating company
The ideal candidate will:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Dipl.-Ing., MEng) or another appropriate technical proficiency, with competency in mathematical evaluation and modelling including FEM and associated technologies
- Experience as an operational and strategic leader
- Familiar with design methodologies, project management capabilities and technical authorship consistent with developing high competency and quality equipment designs
- Ability to interface at all levels of management and leadership including investors
- High in flexibility and adaptability while demonstrating initiatives and problem solving in an engineering environment
- Strong people management and development skills, demonstrating excellent communication, influencing, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to recipients of variable backgrounds, i.e. both technical and non-technical audience in clear, easy-to-understand, unambiguous and convincing manner, with excellent spoken and written German and English language fluency
If you are interested in this assignment, register your interest below.