Data Architect - Enterprise Data Strategy
The role will define the data aspects of my client's Architecture framework and be accountable for the continuous improvement of them. The role will identify and promote wherever reasonable opportunities for the business to gain competitive or tactical advantage through the exploitation of its data assets.
The client is a global FTSE 250 professional services organisation employing over 6,000 FTE's across 34 different countries. They are embarking on a global Data transformation strategy to enhance the business and services.
- Defines vision, strategy and principles for data management, across the organisation globally.
- Defines and implements standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modelling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering data across the business globally.
- Ensures such standards are clearly defined and well-understood across business stakeholders and organisation Technology functions.
- Defines KPIs for data management.
- Acts as a liaison between data consumers, particularly Marketing, and the developers of data solutions, particularly in the field of business intelligence, analytics and prediction.
- Guides the design of the Data Platform through its implementation.
- Defines targets and road-maps for enterprise-wide data management, covering domains including: Data storage and tools, performance, scalability, etc. Static and dynamic data models, taxonomies, and the standards and framework around them. Data security, in collaboration with the Information Security team. Reference, Master and Meta- data management. Data quality management and enhancement.
- Previous experience in a data role in a global, multi-cultural enterprise.
- Extensive experience in Information Technology roles.
- The application of statistical and analytic tools & techniques to unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data.Design and management of central data platforms.
- Definition and implementation of data architectures, processes and standards.
- Formal data modelling.
- Clear and concise communication from engineer to C-Level.
- Calm and assertive response to challenge.
- Basic corporate financial literacy and commercial awareness.
- Ability to reliably set and meet challenging deadlines under pressure, maintaining a structured approach.
- Ability to work effectively on large global projects in a distributed, multi-cultural team.
£75K - £85K + Car & Package