Head of Supply Chain
I am exclusively working with a major manufacturing organisation based in Sheffield on a newly created opportunity for Head of Supply Chain.
My client is a well-established international organisation with three manufacturing sites in the local area, supplying to industrial sectors worldwide. They have achieved significant year on year growth, which has doubled in the last four years.
Focused on ensuring they are at the forefront of their industry with regular new product launches, offering dynamic and innovative solutions to their customers.
This role will have the autonomy to develop the Supply Chain function and make positive changes within a growing organisation. A key focus will be to improve demand management and forward planning, working closely with the sales department to analyse historical trends and the forecast accuracy to improve efficiencies and make strategic developments within the supply chain.
The successful candidate will be part of the senior management team, with responsibility for the planning, purchasing and logistics function. Therefore, candidates must demonstrate the ability to make business-critical decisions, influence best practice and possess strong commercial awareness.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identify areas of improvement by monitoring and analysing the existing supply chain management system
- Ensure stock is managed in line with demand and correct procedures are in place to monitor the accuracy of materials purchased
- Co-ordinate S&OP management activities and overseeing the process throughout
- Develop KPIs to ensure delivery of the team performance
- Manage ERP system development and ensuring the accuracy of material scheduling
- Work closely with NPD to bring necessary supply chain support on new supply strategies
- Ensure delivery and quality performance of key suppliers, building collaborative relationships to maximise performance
I would be interested in speaking with professionals who hold the following skills and experience:
- Preferably educated to Degree level
- Experience of S&OP and driving this process
- A minimum of four years' experience within a similar role.
- Proven ability to implement new processes and procedures
- Strong management experience and ability to lead and motivate teams
- Highly organised with excellent analytical skills
- The motivation to continually identify areas of improvement and influence others.
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on purchasing, sourcing, supply chain and management roles in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for Head of Supply Chain
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly