Health & Safety Manager
A major manufacturing business is recruiting a Health & Safety Manager to head up their Health & Safety department on a national scale.
The Health & Safety Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the direct control, leadership and development of Health, Safety and Environmental standards, and ensuring that they are embedded within the organisation across three sites including direct management team and related budgets
- Set the strategic framework for the management of the HS&E standards
- Assist HS&E team in the accreditation and audit of ISO 45001 and 14001
- Support and direct the HS&E team through robust change programmes including initiatives to improve the business performance and instill an effective culture
- Identifying talent and creating development opportunities through succession planning, coaching and mentoring
- Empower the HS&E team to take responsibility and be accountable for their actions
- Add value through KPI evolution and drive out both marginal and significant gains at all times
- Define and set targets and budgets and monitor actual performance
- Liaise with executive and senior management in the development and review of relevant Safety and Environmental strategies to manage areas of non-compliance
- Ensure all business units have required documentation and procedures in place to demonstrate compliance, best practice and meet all operational statutory requirements
- Keep up to date with new HSE legislation and best practice developments that affect the organisation, ensuring that, when necessary, policies and procedures are appropriately updated
- Lead investigations and assist others to investigate incidents / accidents. Ensure the effective management of corrective actions, reporting internally and externally if required. Ensure the effective communication of lessons learned.
- To act as the organisation's lead competent person for Health and Safety as defined by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A very people focused influencer and coach.
- Multi-site management experience would be advantageous
- NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ Level 5
- BS 14001 awareness training, NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
- Proven auditing skills with Lead Auditor Training preferable
- An ability to influence and manage expectations at all levels.
- High level knowledge in regulatory interpretation and application skills
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and research skills
- High level knowledge of all relevant Safety and Environmental Legislation & Standards and Compliance Management statutory requirements
- Qualifications in Health Safety and / or Environmental Qualification is essential.
- Trained in incident and investigation and route cause analysis
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Previous experience in proactively leading a team through change
- Proven ability in compiling and providing reports/statistics to management
- Full UK driving license and willingness to travel