Our client, a housing association, is currently looking for an interim Assistant Director of Development for a 6 month assignment.
The Assistant Director of Development will support the Executive Director of Homes & Investment in the formulation and delivery of Development Strategies, provide clear leadership in inspiring high performance, responsibility, accountability, challenge, efficiency and cross-organisational working. To lead the development, delivery and continuous improvement of the approved development programme against agreed targets.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead the delivery of the organisations Development programme targets and growth aspirations
- Lead the identification of new business and development opportunities pursuant to achieving strategic objectives and business plan targets
- To generate new business and development opportunities
- To develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships with Local Authorities, Homes England, GMHP, and the private sector
- Lead the preparation of bids for funding, programmes land, new schemes and wider opportunities with agreed timescales and financial parameters
- Lead on identifying a consistent land supply, to meet the long term requirements of the Development Programme
- Work with the Assistant Director of Finance to ensure the impact of New Homes and Investment activity is deliverable within the Business Plan and is regularly monitored
- Lead on communications for all development schemes including the approach to marketing and sales
- Effectively manage finance for all areas of responsibility including setting, monitoring and controlling budgets in accordance with the business plan and standing orders
- Manage and monitor appropriate performance targets for all employees within the Development Team, external consultants and monitor key areas of departmental activity to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure resident/customer involvement in development projects is effectively delivered and obtain resident feedback on new schemes
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable evidence of acquisition, development and delivery of residential accommodation and residential care in current or previous role
- Experience of managing development process and delivering successful projects through an in-house team and a team of consultants
- A demonstrable track record of identifying new land, acquisition and development opportunities.
- Significant experience in land acquisition and/or property development
- Knowledge and experience of identifying and securing 'off-market' land, acquisition and development opportunities
- Understanding of relationship and interdependence between Asset Management and Development
- Knowledge and experience of bidding for land and development opportunities in formal and informal tendering processes
- Demonstrable evidence in managing design / consultant teams
- A track record of generating and delivering new business opportunities.
- Experience in financial budgeting / monitoring
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, contractors and consultants
- Experience of carrying out consultation with tenants / customers regarding significant building projects
If you can demonstrate the above and would like to hear more, please register your interest below.