Our client is a highly successful multi-national industrial group with leading market positions in its chosen markets. The business has a track record of growing through acquisition, and is looking to continue to pursue a development strategy that combines organic and inorganic growth.
This is a pivotal leadership role driving M&A execution and origination and leading corporate development activity. The position reports directly into the executive committee and will see the successful candidate take the lead on all M&A activity for the group.
Specific responsibilities will include
Reporting directly to an ExCo member, this role will lead all M&A activity for the group, as well as playing a major role in other strategic initiatives. You will have significant responsibility and autonomy in leading M&A, from origination, managing a pipeline of deals, through to execution. In addition, a significant portion of time will be spent supporting and delivering a range of other strategic projects as required.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting the ongoing activity to build and maintain the Group’s acquisitions pipeline, as well as the overall Strategic Planning activity
- Identification and in depth research and analysis of target markets & companies in order to drive the M&A pipeline
- Support larger M&A projects as a critical member of the transaction team and manage smaller M&A projects from approach to post-merger integration
- Key M&A execution tasks will include project management, valuation, financial modelling, structuring, negotiation of legal documentation, due diligence, risk assessment, post-acquisition plans, co-ordinating external advisors and internal teams
- Building and developing relationships within the investment banking and corporate finance community to ensure the Group's M&A strategy & acquisition criteria are well understood
- Support the annual Strategic Planning process, for the Group and the strategic business units
- Leading ongoing business development activities including managing internal pipelines, updating key stakeholders, developing organic and inorganic growth strategies, supporting commercial activities and running ad hoc strategy development projects
The role will require the following skills, qualification and attributes:
- Educated to degree level; potentially MBA qualified
- Significant Market Research & Analysis and meaningful M&A experience gained within a leading management consultancy / Investment bank / Big 4 environment complemented with Corporate Development experience within a Multinational Corporation
- Driven personality, flexible and a self-starter
- Team player who will work and communicate effectively with all levels of colleagues including senior management
- Able to influence and interact within the organisation including senior management
- Strategic thinker with ability to assess markets and targets
- Ability to independently develop and produce meaningful data driven research & analysis
- High attention to detail, strong analytic capability
- Advanced excel skills, modelling experience and excellent analytical skills with a strategic and commercial mind-set
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Language skills and experience of working internationally desirable, but not essential
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Justin Dünner or Andrew Steele by clicking on Apply quoting reference JD50256.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.
Apply for Corporate Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly