Fund Financial Controller
A long-standing boutique Private Equity firm are looking to appoint a first-time Financial Controller to work as a number two to an experienced CFO. The firm are expecting to at least double their AUM in the next two years, and therefore are continuing to build out their finance team to support their growth.
The core duties of this role will be to oversee all of internal finance and also the fund finance. Alongside managing external financial service providers, this hire will be expected to oversee the work of a corporate accountant.
Typical duties include:
- Review accounts, statements, calculations and reporting from a corporate accountant
- Oversee consolidation of group and fund finance
- Calculate management fees, carried interest and fund performance data with a portfolio manager
- Review, oversee and reconcile accounts prepared by third party fund administrators and amend where necessary
- Help design and implement processes and reconciliations and help drive improvements
- Challenge periodic budgeting and cost control
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual financial statements and tax calculations
- Review multi-jurisdictional transactions and create fund flows to assist with management decision making
- Assist with new fund investments and disposals, including investment due diligence
The successful candidate will be familiar with fund structures, the fund investment cycle, and ideally private equity funds. Candidates must also have experience in consolidating financial data and experience with working with offshore entities.
Due to the size of the firm, team fit is essential and they are low-ego and sociable. They offer a mature and flexible working environment and seek a bright, motivated and able to develop good relationships internally and externally. A willingness to take on more fundamental tasks as well as the ability to operate at a high level and work closely with the business will be key.
You must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and have upwards of four years of post-qualified relevant accounting experience.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin: quoting reference MN50248.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.
Apply for Fund Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly