Our client is highly successful travel company and a market leader in its sector. The company is multi-award winning, can demonstrate phenomenal growth and is well funded via a stable shareholder base.
This exciting and varied role will provide the right individual with the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the design and implementation of an in house reconciliation system which is currently outsourced. The migration of the platform in house will provide an opportunity to review existing processes and drive improvements. This role will be the key link between the technology developers and the accounting team.
This individual needs to have an analytical mind and be well versed in process mapping of complex work streams. As the business is constantly evolving foresight will be required to anticipate the needs of the business and work with the developers to ensure the reconciliation platform can match the growth of the company. The individual needs to be able to see the bigger picture to ensure that priority is placed in the right areas which drive the most value to the business.
A sound understanding of accounting is essential to ensure that the outputs from the reconciliation platforms map correctly into the accounting system.
The individual will utilise their process improvement skills to refine and redesign existing processes and enhance the bespoke reconciliation system. Given the pace of growth and new ventures within the business, the role will require design of new processes and system functionality as new business streams come online.
This role will work closely with the technology developers and the finance team in ensuring the output from our booking system flows correctly into the reconciliation platform and accounting system.
The successful candidate will need to understand the end-to-end process, from booking system through the reconciliation software and in to the main accounting system. There are substantial opportunities to add value in these areas which will ensure the successful candidate can build a good reputation across this fast-moving and fast-growing business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the migration project of the bespoke reconciliation platform to an in-house solution
- Continuous maintenance and evolution of reconciliation platform once migration project completed
- Ownership of the entire reconciliation system, including working with our technology partners to drive system improvements around efficiency, control and reporting
- Process design / improvement
- Maintain strong financial control environment
- Ensure best practice and continuous improvement of controls, policies and procedures within the finance function
- Work with the accounts team to confirm posting from the reconciliation system into the accounting system
- Liaising with Operations to understand new work flows and how that interacts with the reconciliation platform
- Ad-hoc project work as required
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV by clicking on Apply quoting reference LJ50282.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.
Apply for Systems Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly