Chief Operating Officer
This leading private equity-backed events and hospitality business requires a COO to fulfil a broad operational, strategic and M&A focused position. This is a new role in the senior management team and will have responsibility for the following four group functions: Group Operations, Marketing, Human Resources and Technology. In addition, the new COO will take on responsibility for two new key value enhancement opportunities: M&A and Real Estate.
- Through functional directors, the new COO will ensure that the Corporate functions of marketing, IT, HR and Group Operations support the business units efficiently and effectively in the development of strategy and delivery against that strategy.
- Encourage the Corporate functions within the job holder’s remit to stimulate and challenge thinking at group and SBU level.
- Support the CEO (together with the CFO) in the evaluation, execution and assimilation of acquisitions.
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders with an influence over infrastructure delivery and real estate development.
- Contribute fully as a member of the Executive Board in functional areas of expertise and beyond.
- High energy team player used to operating across multiple disciplines;
- High levels of credibility in each of the functional areas;
- Exposure to international M&A and integration;
- Experience of Real Estate development;
- Graduate-level educated with a master’s or professional qualification.