European Chief Financial Officer
SF Recruitment are working with an exciting product led business, the organisation in question supplies into a number of house hold name brands. The business has a site based in South Birmingham with an open and friendly culture and are recruiting for commercially aware European Chief Financial Officer.
This individual will be responsible for the financial operations of the European entities enabling them to make sound business decisions in support of improved efficiency and profitability. It is key that you have excellent communications skills with a track record of working in a role where not only you have explained complex financial issues to both fellow accountants but also interacted with non-financial stakeholders.
Reporting into the Group CFO, your responsibility will include:
• The financial operations of the European entities;
• Monitoring key aspects operations like: Pricing/Credit periods/Overdue AR/aged stock etc. and initiating corrective action with respective stakeholders
• Providing leadership, direction and management of local finance and accounting teams
• Providing strategic recommendations to the Group CFO and local entity CEO's
• Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial and treasury reporting for Group Finance team
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Report financial results to Group CFO
• Act on recommendations or instructions communicated by Group Finance team
• Ensure that every entity complies with respective legal and regulatory requirements
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts for each entity
• Maintain banking relationships
• Regular visits to each European entity office to oversee financial operations
It is vital that you have at least 5 years' of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Alongside this you will have experience of completing financial reporting to international accounting principles for a complex group structure.
If this sounds like the role for you and you are looking for the next exciting step in your career, please apply immediately.