Sales Account Manager - Defence
European Account Manager - defence driving sales and key relationships across Europe selling technical solutions to the defence sector.
Selling into Tier 1, Tier 2 Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) prime contractors and also direct to end users ie Armed Forces, repair bases and smaller Tier 3 level companies.
Global and well respected leader in across multiple sectors with a number of global locations and subsidiaries.
European Account Manager - defence will:
Be selling into Tier 1, Tier 2 Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) prime contractors and also direct to end users ie Armed Forces, repair bases and smaller Tier 3 level companies.
This role will cover Aerospace (Military & Civil) & Defence (Military- Land, Sea & Air) markets, however, the main area will be Defence.
Prime products are Dynamic rotary system, Fibre Optic Devices, Motors and Actuators.
Remit will be to:
- Play a critical role in growing and developing Defence Land, Air and Sea business in the UK & NW European market
- Primarily focus on Defence & Aerospace customers and projects as assigned within the territory
- Be responsible for direct sales to existing accounts and will grow this base as well as winning new target customers, as part of an overall agreed business development plan
- Selling bespoke solutions incorporating Electronic systems, subsystems for varied application that include: surveillance, weapon sighting and mount systems, Missile targeting and launch, radar and armoured vehicles
- Be required to develop and execute strategies within the customer base in order to maximise sales and growth of all product lines
- Forge close relationships with other Operating Segments), distribution channels and other third party entities to leverage existing customer relationships to maximise the penetration of company products
- The European Account Manager - defence will the measured on the growth of the defence business through fostered and nurturing existing relationships
- Develop and execute individual Key Account Plans using various techniques where appropriate for the major accounts that the role has direct responsibility for, plus others indirectly as appropriate where there is a shared sales force
The European Account Manager - Defence will have:
- Ability to sell up to the highest levels within key target customers and develop key account programmes
- Ability to influence customers into making decisions to purchase systems as well as components
- Ability to think and act strategically and operate tactically to grow the business in the most effective way
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across different countries and cultures
- Ability to manage a high and varied workload, with dynamism, nimbleness and efficiency
- Degree (ideally technical or business) or HND or equivalent in relevant subject
- Experience of working within the Defence & Aerospace market within the UK and Europe
- Proven ability to understand and work with complex organisations in a matrix environment to achieve results
- Experience of selling systems solutions to large Defence customers
£50,000 to £60,000 base plus package