Director of Infrastructure
A prestigious company is on the search for a Director of Infrastructure. This individual needs to come from a Senior Manager or director background. They need someone who is very hands on and has come from a large shop of 500+ Servers. They will be working with networking, VOIP, video storage, and mostly VMware. They will have 12 people reporting to them and 1 manager. They also want someone with financial industry background.
Responsibility for current IT assets and plan for future growth.
- Develop and oversee execution of IT infrastructure strategy to Support Company's business strategy and growth goals.
- Manage an overall team of 13 to conduct implementation, integration, service and support of physical technology for business users.
- Develop budgets associated with the information technology and communications systems and work with the CIO and CFO to ensure appropriate and rapid approval.
- Approve major contracts with vendors for all technology, communications, and information systems, service and equipment purchases/leases.
- Oversee strategy and management of all major service categories.
- For each define and deploy appropriate policies, support processes, service levels and security measures:
- Network management
- Server and storage management
- Voice systems
- End user computing (PCs, LANs/Wi-Fi, printers, phones and PDAs)
Compliance and Policies:
- Oversee development and approve IT policies (including security and anti-virus programs), standards and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements including coordination with the Audit and Legal teams.
- Lead a multi-faceted IT department and infrastructure base.
- Develop and oversee execution of long-term strategic recommendations for company, including cloud strategy.
- Ability to oversee development of sophisticated processes and tools to manage reliable provision of services to users.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic purchasing decisions for vendor support and PC hardware.
- Set strategy for and oversee company's security and Disaster Recovery.
- Lead ITSM processes and establish ongoing improvements using metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Extensive information technology management experience, the majority in infrastructure management and infrastructure services provision (including people and team leadership)
- Investment/Asset Management or Real Estate experience at high performing, results-focused organization strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of IT infrastructure processes, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and audits.
- Expert understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies strategic planning and direction as it relates to high-level business and customer needs.
- Skills related to operating platforms/software including: VMware, Cisco, Microsoft Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and deliver against service levels in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Technology integration experience.
- Experience liaising with business leaders to conduct needs analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Office, Exchange, SQL, IIS, and others.
- ITIL certification preferred.