Level 2 Controller Auditor Accountant - Investment Banking
Accountant - Auditor - Level 2 Controller - Investment Banking
Our client, a leading global investment bank is currently seeking to hire a Level 2 Controller to join the Control Monitoring team which maintains the quality of the accounting control environment that underpins the finance reporting process: Group Head Office reporting, Statutory reporting, Regulatory reporting and internal Performance Management.
The objective of the team is to provide independent assurance that controls over the accounting data is complete and accurate as required by the group.
- Interact with the business, operations, other Finance teams & IT support to understand and ensure the control framework is appropriately setup for the existing & new products/business activities within the London Finance scope.
- Organise and plan project timelines for finance related control projects as requested by management.
- Review of existing control framework linked to the London controlled entities. Prepare risk assessment, control plan & control testing working papers to evident the work performed.
- Prepare entity control certification to Group Finance on a quarterly basis.
- Second level review of Balance Sheet and Off-Balance Sheet controls to ensure defined controls are being correctly applied and continue to remain relevant; reporting on issues identified.
- Second level review of Economic to Accounting P&L reconciliations to ensure the results have been appropriately validated; reporting on issues identified.
- Second level review of manual input by Finance and Back Office, into the general ledger to ensure all adjustments is adequate and fully substantiated.
- Reviewing aged analysis of higher risk accounts and substantiating their balance; recommend provisioning where required per policy.
- Formalise and report the results of the controls to the Control governance for local regulatory reporting.
- Recommending enhancements to the controls, where applicable and agreeing enhancements with the control owners.
- Support remediation actions for control process issues identified.
- Maintain up-to-date procedures for the controls operated by the level 2 controls.
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Internal/external Audit experience big 4
- Knowledge of GM/banking products and related accounting
- SOX knowledge
- Legal entity controller
- Controls and risks experience
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong writing skills for Committees/issue escalation
Please submit your CV for review and I will call you ASAP to discuss further.
Your International Talent Provider
iKas International Limited is providing recruitment services for this role. By clicking 'APPLY NOW', you confirm that you understand that any personal data you submit through your application will be used to provide you with our recruitment services. For further detail on how iKas International Limited process your data, please read the iKas Privacy Statement.