Chief Financial Officer - UK
4 days left
Chief Financial Officer UK (ideally London based)
Lead change and transformation in a market leading professional services firm
Mazars is a global, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Mazars has 310 offices in 89 countries and 23,000 professionals worldwide. The firm is a top 10 accountancy firm in the UK, employing over 1,700 employees with approximately 140 Partners, with revenues currently split between advisory (41%), (audit and accounting 38%) and tax (21%). In 2017 the overall fee income in the UK increased from £160million to £174million, representing 8.5% growth; a sixth successive year of growth.
The incumbent CFO is retiring in August of this year, and a dynamic successor with a proven track record at this level in a relevant environment is needed. Priorities include improving and optimising the profitability of the UK firm, developing a business partnering ethos, driving innovation, change and transformation, and aligning capabilities with the future needs of the UK firm.
Responsibilities and tasks
Core responsibilities and tasks include:
- Build a vision and strategy for the finance function in the UK
- Contribute as a senior leader beyond finance
- Support and influence key investment decisions
- Challenge the status quo and inspire innovation
- Inspire, engage and motivate a team of c.30
- Optimise operational excellence within finance
- Develop a business partnering ethos within the finance function
- Align the structure of the team to meet the future needs of the firm
- Build strong relationships at all levels of the firm
- Communicate at all levels with clarity, transparency and impact
- Collaborate proactively with other business leaders
- External stakeholder management (particularly the banks and external auditors)
- Degree in a relevant discipline, and either ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Experience in a finance leadership role in a similar environment
- Experience of improving and ideally implementing finance systems and process
- Experience influencing strategic investment decisions
- Current knowledge of the technology landscape within the finance domain
- Experience leading change and transformation, improving efficiency and profitability
- A proven track record improving the fundamentals of a comparable finance function
What we offer
Reporting directly to the COO and to the Executive, this is an outstanding opportunity to lead a finance function, lead change and transformation, and influence strategy and decision making at the highest level within a major professional services firm.
We look forward to hearing from you
We are working in collaboration with Mercuri Urval, specialists in Executive Search, Professional Recruitment and Talent Advisory.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter quoting reference GB-03032. Applications can be submitted by following the ‘Apply’ function.
Mercuri Urval is a leading global Executive Search, Professional Recruitment and Talent Advisory firm. We make sure organizations always have the right people capabilities in place so they deliver the best possible results.
As pioneers in predicting the impact of people’s capabilities and personality on business results, we have always placed high importance on Executive Search and Professional Recruitment. Mercuri Urval was founded more than 50 years ago and works with more than 3.000 clients in over 50 countries.
Extraordinary results. It’s all about people™ – www.mercuriurval.com