Head Of Visualisation
Head of Visualisation required who has experience in translating stakeholder requirements into system architectures and who understands current and future defence technologies, technical concepts, systems and capabilities. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate both a compelling portfolio of work and show evidence of successfully engaging with senior military, government, industrial and overseas government stakeholders.
In addition, the role requires a person who is capable and experienced in using industry standard graphics, image manipulation and video editing applications (such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere) and is also experienced in using 3D modelling applications (such as Lightwave3D, Blender, 3DStudioMax, softimage etc) to create 3D models to support concept development tasks.
The ideal candidate will also bring with them experience of using Live-Virtual and Constructive simulation federates (such as VRForces, VBS3, STK) and the knowledge of how to use these simulation applications to create concept of operations level experimentation and simple, yet effective visualisations of platform, sensor and effector capabilities.
Typical activities will include:
- Leading the Visualisation activities
- Planning and managing the creation of Visualisation and Synthetic Environment - based experimentation campaigns.
- Supporting analysis of UK technology capabilities to conceptualise solutions in which benefit is achieved from integrating UK sub-systems into capabilities.
- Contributing to the visualisation strategy across the target market opportunity areas supporting the capability development team and market intelligence cell analysis.
- Managing key dependencies, interfaces and ways of working across the team drawn from Industry and Academic and other Research Organisations
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Communication skills
- Creative Ability to develop Visualisations of complex scenarios
- Management of Senior Stakeholders and team members
- Leadership and teamworking.
- Creating and Managing the delivery of professional visualisations from third party agencies.
- MAK VRForces
- MAK VRVantage
- MAK VREngage
- BISim VBS3
- AGI STK
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Photoshop
- LUA/C++/simple Scripting
- 3D modelling packages, eg Blender, Creator, 3DSMax, Lightwave3D, Softimage, Rhino3D, Polytrans etc
- Terrain generation software, eg TerraVista, Terrasim
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information