2 days left
Goldhawk Associates have been instructed on a newly created Managing Director opportunity for an SME sized International Engineering Consultancy, headquartered in Kent.
The Group undertakes numerous Projects for Oil & Gas Operators, Contractors, Fabrication Yards and others ranging from £100 spare parts to large (£10M+) multidisciplinary Turnkey packages involving design, equipment supply and commissioning.
The Managing Director will be responsible to the Shareholders to direct and control the Company's operations to give strategic guidance and direction to the Board to ensure the Company achieves its mission and objectives.
**It is essential that any applications must come from seasoned and experienced MD's with a proven track record who have an Engineering qualification originally before progressing to senior positions within Project focused Engineering, Manufacturing or Construction firms that are involved in Engineered products**
You will also need to live within commutable distance to their Kent site or permanently relocate.
- Prepare a corporate [business] plan and annual budget and to monitor progress to ensure that the Company achieves its objectives as cost effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic advice to the Shareholders and Board to keep them aware of developments in the industry and to ensure that appropriate policies are developed to meet the Company's mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Direct and control the work and resources of the Company and ensure the recruitment and retention of sufficient well motivated trained and developed staff to ensure it achieves the stated mission and objectives.
- Prepare, gain Shareholder acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that financial targets are met, that revenue and profit are maximised and costs minimised.
- Oversee the timely preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts of the Company and ensure their approval by the Shareholders and Board.
- Represent the Company in negotiations with customers and other key contacts to secure the most cost effective contract terms for the Company.
- Develop and maintain Development programmes to ensure the company is at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches and provides leading edge products and services to build and maintain its competitive edge.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure the Company complies will all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Develop and maintain the Quality Management systems throughout the Company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the Company's operations.
- Oversee the Sales operations of the Company to ensure its objectives and financial targets are achieved.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing strategy to promote the products services and image of the Company to its customers and stakeholders.
The Managing Director will be supported in their role by an existing interim Group Financial Director as well as a Sales & Marketing Director, Commercial Director and Technical Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in an Engineering Discipline and post graduate qualification in Business Administration.
- A proven record of success in senior level commercial management in an engineering and manufacturing industry.
- Extensive senior level experience of management of people and resources.
- Impressive demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained at a similar level.
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Credible and confident communicator.
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
- Commercially astute with expert negotiating and influencing skills.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- A willingness to communicate and travel to overseas locations, customers and suppliers.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly