5 days left
- VPI Immingham is one of the cleanest and most efficient power plants in Europe
- A key hands on Group Accountant position in a high profile sector
About Our Client
VPI Immingham is a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant near Immingham, based on the South Bank of the river Humber. It is one of the largest CHP plants in Europe, capable of generating about 2.5% of UK peak electricity demand and up to 930 tonnes of steam per hour.
VPI Immingham is one of the cleanest and most efficient power plants in Europe. At full capacity, it saves 2.5 million tonnes of CO2 per year, the equivalent emissions of one million cars, compared with a conventional coal plant. The plant is fuelled by natural gas and surplus refinery gas, with liquid fuel as a backup.
Based at the VPI site in Immingham, the Group Accountant will report directly into the Finance Manager, and take day-to-day responsibility for leading a small finance team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To prepare the annual statutory accounts for audit and to a standard for Board Approval according to IFRS (including consolidated accounts and related disclosure notes).
- To co-ordinate the preparation of the annual information pack for the audit and taxation advisors.
- To manage the Finance team to ensure that an efficient, effective and professional service is provided to the business, its lenders and stakeholders.
- To co-ordinate the monthly reporting and forecasting process, understand the variances to budget and expectation for all the group companies.
- To provide financial advice to the business through ownership of the monthly and daily reporting information.
- To review and sign off monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- To be the key person in relation to all financial accounting including derivative related and inventory accounting.
- To continually improve on existing systems and processes.
- To ensure compliance throughout the business with current taxation legislation and oversee the submission of returns and compliance visits when appropriate.
- To assist with the maintenance and development of the business's financial and trading systems, promoting awareness and training across the team.
- To assist the Finance Manager through the budget and forecasting processes and to support commercial decisions.
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing the management accounts, balance sheets, banks reporting and provision of relevant narrative.
- Acting as an effective deputy for the Finance Manager.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified finance professional with a significant post qualified experience from within a similar position.
Key attributes will include:
- Flexible and driven approach to work.
- Confident with good interpersonal, communication skills and listening skills.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative and multi-task.
- Understanding or experience of working in a strong control environment.
- Ability to comprehend complex legal, financial and commercial issues.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, mentor and develop staff within the Finance Team.
- Strong IT and systems skills, able to understand and make best use of site systems.
- Experience of and proficiency in Financial and Microsoft office applications.
- Expected to exercise professional judgement and make appropriate decisions without close supervision.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package including enhanced bonuses and pension schemes.
Ref Code: MPFE13993876Z
Apply for Group Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly